After a helicopter carrying CDS General Bipin Rawat crashed near Coonoor in Tamil Nadu, we lost, Bipin Rawat, his wife Madhulika, and 11 others to the horrific event. Although this four-star general of the Indian Army is no more among us but his powerful words and works will always inspire future generations as well. He was appointed as the first CDS of India on 30th December, 2019 and assumed his office from 1st January, 2020. He was an awardee of Param Vishisht Seva Medal, Uttam Yudh Seva Medal, Ati Vishisht Seva Medal, Yudh Seva Medal, Seva Medal, and Vishisht Seva Medal.
Here are the Top 7 quotes by the CDS General Bipan Rawat taken from his speeches and statements:
1. “There is a saying that offense is the best defense. We are committed to peace and tranquility and to keep it there has to be an element of the offense in our defense.”
2. We seek neither applause nor gratitude because we firmly believe in the eternal wisdom of the Urdu couplet: ‘Khamoshi se banate raho pehchan apni, hawaye khud tumhara tarana gayeyegi’.
3. If they (Pakistan) try to damage our assets, the reaction from our armed forces will be very different. The political will is there. Our armed forces are ready.
4. We know that in conflict, there is the only outcome that is a victory. Jung ka ek hi usul hai, vo hai jeet. May I assure you that we shall accomplish the same at all costs.
5. ‘China and Pakistan’s territorial ambitions require India’s armed forces to remain alert and deployed along disputed borders and also along the coastal regions round the year’.
6. We were always tasked with defending our borders. And when you have unsettled borders on your north and your west, you don’t know which side the battle will commence and where it will end. So you should be prepared on both fronts.
7. Indian Army’s ethos is an aggregation of simple axioms put together by officers in our units & establishments, aggregated from the bottom with an earthy field, yet has universal acceptance.