Sun tanning is most often a result of exposure to ultraviolet radiation from the sunlight. Tanning is one of most common problem faced by almost everyone. As the effect of sunlight can vary from person to person, people with sensitive skin are more prone to Sun-tan.
Though sunscreen protects your skin to a certain extent it doesn’t act as a complete barrier against the sun thus leading tothe tanning of your skin over the time period. Your skin tends to loose it’s lustre and shine due to harmful rays of the Sun. Summer is here! and as we all know the climate condition that makes our skin tanned so bad that its very difficult to get our tan out.
Tomato is a great ingredient when it comes to beauty and skincare. It is a source of Vitamin C and antioxidants that promote the growth of collegen in the body. It is effective in preventing skin against sunburn, pollution as well as it contains lycopene, which acts as a natural sunscreen.
• Mash a tomato, seperate it’s pulp and apply it’s juice on the affected area or all over your face/hands/legs etc.
• Let it dry for around 15-20 minutes, and then wash it off with cold iced water.
• Repeat this method twice a week. It will not only remove tanning but also make your skin brighter and glowing.
2. Gram Flour (Besan)
Gram Flour acts great for your skin. It can be added with other ingredients and it used as a scrubber. It helps in rejuvenating skin and adds glow to your skin. Gram Flour absorbs impurities and removes dead skin cells.
• Take a bowl; add 3 tbs of gram flour, 1 tbs of olive oil and lemon juice.
• Add a pinch of turmeric powder to it.
• Mix all the ingredients well and apply it on the affected areas and let it dry for 10-15 minutes.
• Wash it off with lukewarm water.
• Repeat this procedure twice a week for effective results.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is one of the most used ingredients as it has immense skin and beauty benefits. It is a medicinal plant with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that soothes your skin and is effective in skin tan.
• You can apply aloe vera gel before going to bed. You can buy aloe vera gel (patanjali aloe gel) which I use personally or extract the gel out of a freshly cut aloe vera leaf.
• Apply a thick layer of the gel on your skin at night and wash it off in the morning.
• Repeat this every night to get the best results.
4. Cucumber and Milk
Cucumber acts as a cooling agent, which helps in making the skin look fresh and glowing. It helps to cleanse your skin providing a cooling effect. Whereas, milk provides a moisturizing effect and act as a sunscreen. This combination of cucumber and milk works amazingly in the tan removal process.
• Blend cucumber and extract it’s juice.
• Then, mix it well with the raw milk.
• Apply the mixture on your skin and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
• Wash it off with normal water.
• Repeat it twice a day for instant results.
5. Curd and Honey
These two ingredients can be found in any household. Curd helps in reducing pigmentation and acts as a natural bleaching agent. This helps in cooling your skin. Similarly, honey is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. It has the properties of healing damaged skin due to sun tan.
• Add 1 tbs of honey into 2 tbs of curd.
• Mix it well and gently apply a thick layer over your skin.
• Leave it for 15 minutes and rinse it with lukewarm water.
• It is advisable to repeat this procedure everyday for best results.