Tamannaah Bhatia, better known by her mononymous screen name Tamannaah, is a renowned Indian actress who predominantly works in Telugu and Tamil films. Born in Mumbai, Tamannaah Bhatia is the daughter of Santhosh, a diamond merchant, and Rajani Bhatia. The actress who has a Sindhi descent was originally named Tamanna, she later changed her name to Tamannaah due to numerological reasons. The actress started her career at a very young age; she was just 15 when she made her acting debut with a Bollywood film Chand Sa Roshan Chehra. Tamannaah, a perfect epitome of ‘beauty with brains’ is noted for her power-packed performances in films like Ayan (2009), Paiyaa (2010), Siruthai (2011), Baahubali: The Beginning (2015) and Oopiri (2016).
Here are some interesting facts about Telugu beauty Tamannaah.
1. Tamannaah has done her schooling from Maneckji Cooper Education Trust School in Mumbai.
2. Tamannaah belongs to a Sindhi family. Her mother Rajani Bhatia is a housewife and her father Santhosh Bhatia is a diamond merchant.
3. Tamannaah made her acting debut at the age of 14 in the Tamil film ‘Ennakku 20 Unnakku 18’ in 2003.
4. Tamannaah made her Bollywood debut at the age of 16 in the film ‘Chand Sa Roshan Chehra’ in 2005.
5. Tamannaah won the CineMAA Award for Best Actress for her performance in the 2011 Telugu film ‘100% Love’.
6. Tamannaah’s first Telugu film ‘Shree’ was released in 2005.
7. Tamannaah became the brand ambassador of the Government of India’s campaign “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao” in 2016.
8. Tamannaah’s most successful Tamil films are ‘Padikkathavan’, ‘Thillalangadi’, ‘Kathi Sandai’, ‘Devi’ and ‘Dharmadurai’.
9. Tamannaah is proficient in the languages Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Sindhi and Marathi.
10. Tamannaah is the first actress from India who was nominated at Saturn Awards for Best Supporting Actress.