Trisha Krishnan is an Indian film actress and model, who primarily works in the South Indian film industries, where she has established herself as a leading actress. Trisha Krishnan was born on 04-05-1983 in Chennai in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. She started out and rose to prominence as a model, eventually segueing into acting following her debut in an uncredited role in the 1999 Tamil film Jodi. Since then, Trisha has appeared in over 65 movies across all major film industries in the country. Trisha is also a two-time winner of the Filmfare Award (South) for Best Actress, while her performance in Abhiyum Naanum earned her a Special Mention at the Tamil Nadu State Film Awards in 2008.
Here are interesting facts about Kollywood beauty Trisha Krishnan.
1. Trisha Krishnan was born on May 4, 1983, in a Tamil Brahmin family, Chennai. She completed her schooling from Sacred Heart Matriculation School in Church Park and graduated in BBA from Ethiraj College, Chennai.
2. Her early roles were in a Horlicks advertisement, she portrayed as a mother of a child at the age of 19.
3. She played a small role as Simran’s friend in Jodi (1999) at the age of 16.
4. She began her career with modelling and subsequently appeared in several print advertisements and TV commercials. Trisha made her entry into the film industry after winning several beauty pageants including the ‘Miss Salem’ and ‘Miss Madras’ in 1999. Later, she had also won Miss India 2001 pageant’s “Beautiful Smile” award.
5. Trisha made her female solo debut with 2002 romantic-drama movie Mounam Pesiyadhe starring Suriya as the protagonist, which was written and directed by Ameer Sultan. This film was a moderate success at the box-office. The actress has been paired opposite some of the top South Indian superstars including Rajinikanth, Ajith, Prabhas, Thalapathy Vijay, Siddharth and Vikram.
6. She Studied at the Sacred Heart Matriculation School in Church Park, Chennai, the same school that former CM Jayalalitha studied.
7. Trisha’s only Kannada movie is a movie called Power (2014) starring Puneet Rajkumar (Son of Kannada Actor Dr. Rajkumar).
8. Trisha made her debut in Malayalam cinema in the movie called Hey Jude (2018).
9. Trisha converses with her mother in English only at home.
10. Trisha was originally considered for the heroine for the 2011 National Award-winning movie Aadukalam but she backed out of the project because she signed two projects at that time. She was replaced by Taapsee Pannu.