Rashmika Mandanna was born on 05-04-1996 in Virajpet, Kodagu in the state of Karnataka, India. She is an Indian Model & Film Actress who is well-known for her work in Kannada, Telugu, Tamil & Malayalam Cinema. She is popularly dubbed by the media and Kannada film industry as the ‘Karnataka Crush’. Bangalore Times placed her first place in the list of ’30 Most Desirable Woman of 2017′. She is one among very few actresses to enter Tollywood ₹100 crore club in a short span. Rashmika made her Telugu debut with romantic drama Chalo in 2018, the film went on to become a super hit at the box office. In the same year, she starred in the rom-com film Geetha Govindam, which has become one of the all-time highest profit earners in the history of Telugu cinema, which earned her huge recognition.
Here are some interesting facts about Rashmika Mandanna.
1. Rashmika, who made her debut with Kannada film “Kirik Party”, had won Clean and Clear fresh face in 2014. She was the first ever girl from Coorg to win the title.
2. Rashmika got her first break after she was spotted by a film director in an advertisement of Clean and Clear.
3. Rashmika was born and raised in Kodagu and did her schooling at Coorg and attended PU education in Mysooru.
4. She did her schooling in Coorg Public School and holds a bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Journalism and English Literature from Ramaiah college of Arts, Science and Commerce.
5. She made her Telugu debut with romantic drama “Chalo” in 2018, the film went on to become a super hit at box office. Later she starred in “Geetha Govindam” in the same year and the film went on to become one of Telugu cinema’s biggest hits. Back to back success established Rashmika as a bankable Telugu actor.
6. She got engaged to her “Kirik Party” co-star Rakshit Shetty in a private ceremony in her hometown. However, later, the couple mutually broke off the engagement.
7. Rashmika got her first Filmfare Best Actress nomination for 2018 Kannada film “Chamak”.
8. In her brief three years of acting career she has won five prestigious awards including IIFA Utsavam Award for Best Actress and SIIMA Award for Best Actress.
9. She did a viral photoshoot near Bellandur lake in Bengaluru to raise awareness about water pollution in lakes.The campaign was created by a senior from her school and was an unpaid gig.
10. Rashmika loves to travel and her favourite destination is London. She also loves the colour pink.