Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal warns “expect more change for the better” hours after firing 2 top officials

In a series of tweets on Saturday, Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal defended his decision to fire two top executives at the social media behemoth, saying that tough decisions were required.

In a series of tweets on Saturday, Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal defended his decision to fire two top executives. At the social media behemoth, saying that tough decisions were required.

He said that the modifications were not only the result of Elon Musk’s Twitter takeover, and that more ‘for the better’ adjustments were on the way.

“We announced changes to our leadership team and operations yesterday (May 13). Changes impacting people are always hard. And some have been asking why a “lame-duck” CEO would make these changes if we’re getting acquired anyway. The short answer is very simple: While I expect the deal to close, we need to be prepared for all scenarios and always do what’s right for Twitter. I’m accountable for leading and operating Twitter, and our job is to build a stronger Twitter every day,” Agrawal tweeted.

Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal warns of change ahead

His comments came just hours after the firm fired two top executives. Moreover, Kayvon Beykpour, the head of Twitter Product, and Bruce Falck, the revenue product lead.

Twitter’s CEO stated that the company’s employees are constantly trying to improve the product for customers, partners, shareholders, and all Twitter users.

“People have also asked: why manage costs now vs after close? Our industry is in a very challenging macro environment – right now. I won’t use the deal as an excuse to avoid making important decisions for the health of the company, nor will any leader at Twitter,” his post read.

As part of his position, Agarwal said he will continue to make difficult decisions in the future. “So what can you expect from me going forward? I’m still focused on doing the job, and that includes making hard decisions as needed. I will continue to embrace the deep complexities of our service and our business. And you can expect more change for the better… I will also try to bring more transparency to the work that we do,”  he tweeted.

The Twitter thread comes as Musk has revealed that the acquisition transaction has been placed on hold. Until it can be confirmed that only 5% of the users are bots or fraudulent identities, as the company previously said.

According to a Reuters article, Musk has already identified a replacement for Parag Agrawal. However, if Agrawal’s contract is cancelled after the Musk transaction, he will receive $42 million.

Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time