Facing a life-threatening disease has a detrimental effect on the patient’s life. It not only results in high medical bills leaving financially unstable families, but also affects the person’s recovery. A critical illness insurance policy comes to the rescue in such cases, ensuring financial stability when an individual needed finances for both medical care and family assistance.\
When a person is diagnosed with a life-threatening disease, critical illness insurance provides the policyholder with a lump sum payment from the insurance company. As part of the policy, certain ailments are listed under the coverage of the plan. This reimbursement helps the patient’s family manage day-to-day expenses while also covering hospitalisation and medical bills.
Critical illness insurance can save you from significant financial loss during a medical emergency. However, with so many insurance companies offering coverage, it is important to weigh the pros and cons of the many options before deciding which one best fits your needs. Hence, it is crucial that you make the decision mindfully.
Do You Need Critical Illness Insurance?
Critical illness coverage is advantageous for those who do not want to risk-specific health situations, particularly if there is a medical history of a particular disease. Furthermore, families that have a single earning person with multiple dependents should consider critical illness insurance.
If you do not have room for any financial setbacks as a result of a critical sickness, it is best to secure comprehensive coverage against unpredictable circumstances. These plans are also beneficial for those who do not have a comprehensive work benefits package that offers extended sick leave.
Critical illness insurance policies are available to Indian nationals above the age of 18 who are under the age of 65, according to IRDAI guidelines. Applicants above the age of 45 may be required to undergo pre-policy medical examinations. Family members, such as immediate relatives, including parents, children, siblings, and spouse, can also be covered under a single plan if the policy allows it.
Benefits of Critical Illness Insurance
When things are bad, critical illness insurance can provide you and your family with the necessary financial protection. This plan can be used as a stand-alone policy or in combination with an existing life insurance policy. This way, you can get security against a variety of ailments, which may change from policy to policy.
Stroke, cancer, coronary artery bypass, paralysis, and catastrophic organ failure are frequent among the many available covers. You can use this in addition to your existing policy to provide further financial security in the event of a medical emergency.
Here are some benefits of critical illness insurance that you should know about:
- It serves as a source of income. Critical illnesses not only harm the person physically, but the financial impact on the family can take years to recover from. A critical illness insurance policy gives a lump sum payment that can be used to cover medical and household costs. This can become an income replacement, especially in case the person has lost their job due to the condition.
- You can get hassle-free settlement of claims if you are covered by critical illness insurance from reputable insurance providers such as Max Life Insurance.
- You have the option to add multiple riders to increase the scope of coverage of your policy. However, the availability of riders may vary from insurer to insurer.
- You can choose the policy period, sum insured, premium paying frequency according to your preferences.
- It provides tax advantages much like any other insurance plan. Under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961, the payout under critical illness policies are tax-exempted.
- Having a critical illness insurance policy in your financial portfolio will give you peace of mind. You can focus on medical treatment rather than frantically arranging finances for medical and domestic costs in case you are diagnosed with a critical illness.
There is no denying that comprehensive critical illness insurance can help you get through challenging health or financial situation while also providing a safety net for your family. Choosing wisely, on the other hand, is crucial to avoid any future disappointments. This will not be tough with so many options available in the insurance market and each company offering impressive packages. Even then, remember to take your time.
Assess your requirements carefully and choose a plan that aligns well with your financial situation!