Actor Armie Hammer is under investigation for sexual assault, claims Los Angeles police on Thursday, March 17th.
However, Hammer’s attorney has denied the allegations. LAPD spokesperson said that Hammer is the main suspect in the sexual assault that was reported to the police on February 3rd.
Police hasn’t revealed any further details on the incident or who made the report. Earlier in at a video conference on Thursday, March 17th, a woman revealed that the actor had raped for 4 hours and slammed her head against the wall and also committed other violent crimes in 2017.
The woman did appear on camera but only identified herself as ‘Effie.’ The woman’s attorney, Gloria Allred, said they had given evidence to Los Angeles police, including photos of Effie’s injuries. Allred declined to say when they made the report, and would not confirm that it was the one made in February that the LAPD is investigating.
Earlier this year, an Instagram account began posting screenshots of text messages that were sent from Hammer in 2016. Allred would not comment on whether her client was behind that account, @houseofeffie. When those text messages began appearing in media reports, Hammer called them vicious and spurious online attacks against him.
After those texts were published, Hammer departed the comedy Shotgun Wedding, in which he was to star alongside Jennifer Lopez, shortly before production was to begin. He soon after departed the Paramount+ series The Offer, about the making of The Godfather. Hammer was also dropped by his agency, WME.
Allegations of sexual violence in recent months have derailed Hammer’s career.