Ajith Kumar (Thala) is a Tamil film actor and car racer, born as the middle child in Hyderabad to a Tamil father and a Sindhi mother. He has acted in many Tamil, Telugu and Hindi movies. However, he has strong ties to the Tamil culture and society, as he grew up in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Ajith began dating his Amarkalam co-star Shalini in 1999. They both married in 2000 in Chennai. On January 3, 2008, the couple were blessed with a baby girl, Anoushka Kumar. On 2nd March, 2015, their second child, a son was born. Ajith is an ardent car racer, he also has participated in various races like Formula 2 Championship, 2003 Formula Asia BMW Championship & many races abroad.
Ajith started his film career at the age of 21 as an actor in the Telugu movie Prema Pustagam in 1992. In 2001, Ajith played the role of Shahrukh Khan’s brother in the commercially unsuccessful historical film Asoka. In 2014, Ajith was listed in Forbes India’s Top 100 Celebrities.
Here are some interesting facts about ‘Thala’ Ajith Kumar.
1. Ajith is a certified Formula race driver! He is ranked number 3 in India at his peak! IT is an incredible record as he is one of the best drivers of Forumla 2.
2. He was awarded with the title “Kalaimamani” Which is given in the state of Tamil Nadu for extra ordinary performance in Arts!
3. His movie “Arambham” made a business of 1 billion rupees in 10 days making it one of the highest Indian Grosser!
4. His 1st movie was never released as the director of the movie died during the shoot of the film.
5. He is one of the handful Indian actors with 9 blockbuster hits in a span of 2 years.
6. He never wants his fans to troll or ruin the image of his competitive actors and he makes sure such people are banished from his office or surroundings.
7. He is extremely passionate about photography. Tha actor most of the time carries a camera with himself and clicks pictures on the sets and while travelling. He also gifted framed pictures of his co-stars taken by him during the shoot of ‘Veeram’.
8. He is a foodie and loves trying new dishes. He visits all kinds of restaurants and tries different food. It is said that he would go talk to the chef and appreciates him, if he likes the dish. He also notes down the recipe and tries them at home.
9. Ajith has a hobby of collecting miniature helmets, coins and stamps. Actor has a unique collection at his home.