Deepika Padukone’s Fighter had its theatrical release on the eve of Republic Day. The film is garnering immense and is appreciated in huge numbers. Deepika’s performance is also being credited in huge numbers. The actress has proved her calibre time and again and has delivered masterpieces. She has aced her roles and turned out to be the leading star of Bollywood.
Let’s have a look at some of the unknown facts about Deepika Padukone that we bet you haven’t heard of. These facts will astound you and you will get to know your favourite actor a little better.
1. Deepika Padukone was not born in India, she was born in Copenhagen, Denmark in the year 1986. Then she moved to Bengaluru when she was 11 months old.
2. Deepika’s love for the camera seems apparent throughout her early years. She was cast in a few ad campaigns when she was 8 years old. However, the Liril advertisement in 2004 put her on the media radar.
3. Before making her debut in the Bollywood industry, Deepika made her acting debut in a Kannada film Aishwarya a year before Om Shanti Om.
4. Deepika is a sheer hardworking person. In her 2009 film, Chandni Chowk to China, she underwent training to learn the Japanese martial art form Jujutsu and performed all her stunts on her own.
5. 2013 turned out to be a banger year for Deepika, as she delivered four consecutive hit films that crossed the 100 crore benchmark. The films were Race 2, Chennai Express, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani and Goliyon ki Rasleela Ram-Leela.
6. Coming from a sports background, Deepika herself is keen on playing an athletic game. She was a National level badminton player.
7. Deepika loves having desserts and can finish Theobroma in one single sitting.
8. Initially Deepika was meant to cast in Saawariya alongside Ranbir Kapoor. However, due to a turn of events it was Sonam Kapoor Ahuja who was cast for the final shot. But Saawariya and Om Shanti Om were released on the same day in 2007.
These are some of the rare facts about Deepika Padukone that have been unknown to many. Which of these facts did you find interesting or didn’t know of? Do let us know in the comment section. If you liked this post, stay tuned for more such updates as Business Upturn.