Cristiano Ronaldo had been suspended by the Manchester United management over his behaviour of refusing to come on and walking down the tunnel which was deemed “disrespectful” by a lot of people. Erik Ten Hag in an interview with Sky Sports confirmed that his suspension would last until the Chelsea game only.
“Yes, I think it [his suspension] is only for this weekend, this match and then we will talk and we will see,” the boss told Sky Sports.
New message from Cristiano Ronaldo on Instagram today, preparing for his return next week. 🔴🇵🇹 #MUFC pic.twitter.com/lG3tSCqslB
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) October 22, 2022
Cristiano Ronaldo even posted an Instagram story hinting at his possible comeback the next matchday “Let’s go @manchesterunited” a day after he clarified things and accepted that giving in to pressure was “not an option”.
“After Vallecano, I told him it was unacceptable but not him every one, this is the second time, and there are consequences. We miss him tomorrow. It’s a miss for the squad but it’s important for the attitude and mentality of the group and now we have to focus on Chelsea as that is important” said Ten Hag.
It still remains unclear whether Erik Ten Hag would start him the next matchday as he is being benched for successive games this season although both parties have tried to clear controversies as soon as possible to not spoil the environment of the club.