BCCI confirms that the Under-19 Indian skipper Yash Dhull and SK Rasheed have been tested positive for COVID-19, which is the reason for their absence in the Group B fixture – India vs Ireland on Wednesday, 19th January.
6 members of the Under-19 India squad have been ruled out of selection and as per the reports the respective players are under isolation. The official statement by BCCI quoted that before the match against Ireland U19 on Wednesday, 6 players were ruled out of the 17-member squad.
As per the medical reports –
* Yash Dhull’s Rapid Antigen Test is positive
* Aaradhya Yadav too is COVID-19 positive
* Vasu Vats shows symptoms and his results are yet to come but the RAT shows a negative result
* Manav Parakh’s RAT shows a negative result but has shown symptoms
* Sidharth Yadav’s RT-PCR test shows a positive result
* SK Rasheed has tested positive for COVID-19
BCCI is investigating closely the critical matter as some important players missing out on the game might affect their performance in the game. The players are asked to remain isolated and the medical team will constantly be there to aid the players.
India seems to dominate the Ireland game as of now, as team India scored 307-5 with the openers giving in a good partnership. Newly-appointed captain Nishant Sindhu takes the responsibility to lead the team against Ireland. After today’s game, team India will be playing their last group match against team Uganda.