The IPL 2023 season has reached its midpoint and teams are competing for a place in the playoffs. On April 26, Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) will play against Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru.
RCB has had a mixed performance in the current season of IPL, with four wins out of seven games, placing them in fifth position on the points table. In their previous game against Rajasthan Royals, RCB scored 189 runs and lost nine wickets in 20 overs. Faf du Plessis and Glenn Maxwell scored half-centuries for RCB, and Harshal Patel claimed three wickets for 42 runs in three overs. This victory should give RCB confidence for their upcoming match against KKR.
RCB has a poor home record against KKR since the inaugural game of IPL in 2008, and their last home win against KKR was in 2015. RCB will be keen to end this trend against a struggling KKR team, who have lost four consecutive games and are currently in eighth position on the points table.
In contrast, KKR’s performance in the current season of IPL has been disappointing, with only two wins out of seven games. In their previous match against Chennai Super Kings, they failed to chase a target of 236 runs and lost the game, despite half-centuries from Jason Roy and Rinku Singh.
As the competition intensifies among the top seven teams, RCB will aim to secure a hat-trick of wins and improve their position on the points table. Meanwhile, KKR will be under pressure to perform and end their losing streak.
Talking about the Dream 11 Prediction for the day –
- Virat Kohli – Kohli has been in top form this season, scoring 279 runs in seven games at an average of 46.5 and a strike rate of 141.62. Despite being dismissed for a duck in the previous game, he is expected to bounce back strongly.
- Mohammed Siraj – The leading wicket-taker in the tournament, Siraj has taken 13 wickets in seven games at an average of 15.38, an economy of 7.14, and a strike rate of 12.92. He has been a key player for RCB and is likely to make an impact in this match.
- Sunil Narine – In the first game against RCB this season, Narine picked up two wickets for 16 runs in four overs. He has picked six wickets in seven games at an average of 36.17, an economy of 8.68, and a strike rate of 25 this season. He can be a crucial player for KKR in this match.
- David Wiese – Though Wiese didn’t have a great debut for KKR in the last game, he can play a crucial role in the team in this match with his all-round skills.
- Faf du Plessis – The RCB captain is the leading run-scorer in the tournament, having made half-centuries in his last three outings. Du Plessis has scored 405 runs in seven games at an average of 67.5 and a strike rate of 165.31. He is a must-have player in any Dream XI team.
- Glenn Maxwell – Maxwell has been in great form this season, scoring his third half-century in the last game and winning the Player of the Match award. He has made 253 runs in seven games at an average of 42.17 and a strike rate of 188.81 this season. He is a match-winner and a valuable asset for RCB.
- Rinku Singh – The second-highest run-scorer for KKR this season, Singh has made 233 runs in seven innings at an average of 58.25 and a strike rate of 157.43. He can be a game-changer for KKR and is a good pick for any Dream XI team.
- Wanindu Hasaranga – Hasaranga has played just four games for RCB this season and has taken four wickets at an average of 32.25, an economy of 9.92, and a strike rate of 19.5. He can be a surprise package for RCB and is a good pick for any Dream XI team.
- Venkatesh Iyer – Despite a poor perfomance against CSK, Venkatesh Iyer looks strong and can be back in form for yet another fierce innings
- Varun Chakravarthy – has taken 10 wickets in seven games at an average of 21.2, an economy of 8.26, and a strike rate of 15.4.
- Shardul Thakur – The Indian pacer bowled an extended spell during the practice session and could replace Kulwant Khejroliya.