New York, Jan. 16, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Market Size & Overview:
In 2023, the global non-stick cookware market boasted a valuation of approximately USD 20.13 billion, with projections indicating a substantial growth to reach USD 25.3 billion by 2030. The sector is anticipated to witness a commendable Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 6.4% during the forecast period.
A key driving force behind this surge is the escalating health consciousness among consumers, propelling increased sales in the non-stick cookware market. The evolving landscape of cooking trends reflects a broader shift towards healthier lifestyles and a surge in home-cooked food recipes.
Television programming dedicated to food and recipes, particularly targeted at housewives, has inspired a growing number of consumers to experiment with new cuisines. This phenomenon has translated into a heightened demand for non-stick cookware products. The popularity of non-stick cookware is further augmented by its ability to facilitate cooking with minimal oil, aligning with health-conscious consumer preferences.
The surge in consumer interest in gourmet cooking, driven by television shows and celebrity endorsements, has significantly contributed to the rising prominence of non-stick cookware. European culinary practices and excellence have gained substantial popularity, further boosting the adoption of non-stick cookware.
A noteworthy trend in the market is the growing preference among consumers for non-harmful and non-stick ceramic cookware, leading to a shift from Teflon-coated options. Modern stores, followed by departmental stores, have emerged as primary sales channels for non-stick cookware.
The expansive product portfolios offered by various brands, featuring the latest models and enhanced visual appeal, have played a pivotal role in driving sales in this category. The market dynamics suggest a gradual transition in consumer preferences, emphasizing the significance of non-stick cookware, particularly those with ceramic coatings, in the evolving culinary landscape.
Elevate your business strategy with comprehensive market data. Request a sample report now:
|Market Revenue 2023
|USD 20.13 billion
|Estimated Revenue 2030
|USD 25.3 billion
|Growth Rate – CAGR
|No. of Pages
|Price Range, Material, Sales Channel, End User, Region
|North America, Latin America, Europe, South Asia & Pacific, East Asia, The Middle East & Africa
|Key Companies Profiled
|Bradshaw International, Conair Corporation, Groupe SEB, Calphalon (Newell Brands LLC), Cook N Home, Cuisinart, Denby Group Limited, Cook N Home, Nordic Ware, Regal Ware, Inc.,
Emerging Top 8 Trends Non-stick Cookware Market:
- Eco-friendly Materials: There was an increasing demand for non-stick cookware made from environmentally friendly materials, such as ceramic or plant-based coatings, to address concerns about traditional non-stick coatings containing PFOA (perfluorooctanoic acid).
- Health and Safety: Consumers were becoming more health-conscious, leading to a rise in demand for non-stick cookware that was free from harmful chemicals and toxins. Manufacturers were responding by developing products with PFOA-free coatings.
- Versatility: Multifunctional and versatile non-stick cookware, which can be used on various cooking surfaces (including induction cooktops), was gaining popularity.
- Innovative Designs: Cookware with innovative designs and features, such as detachable handles, stackable sets, and heat-resistant handles, were becoming more prevalent.
- Smart Cooking Technology: Integration of smart technology into non-stick cookware, such as sensors or indicators to monitor cooking temperature, was a developing trend.
- Customization: Personalization and customization options for non-stick cookware, such as color choices and size variations, were becoming more common to cater to diverse consumer preferences.
- Durability and Longevity: Consumers were looking for non-stick cookware with enhanced durability and longevity, leading to the development of more robust coatings and materials.
- Online Retail Growth: The non-stick cookware market was witnessing growth in online retail, with consumers’ increasingly purchasing cookware through e-commerce platforms due to convenience and a wide range of options.
In a nutshell, the Persistence Market Research report is a must-read for start-ups, industry players, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are looking to understand this industry. Get a glance at the report at: https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/market-research/non-stick-cookware-market.asp
Durability Concerns: Despite efforts to enhance durability, there were still concerns about the longevity of non-stick coatings, especially with the potential for scratching and wear over time.
Price Sensitivity: High-quality non-stick cookware with advanced features and materials often came with a higher price tag, which could limit adoption among price-sensitive consumers.
Health and Safety Perception: While there was a trend towards healthier non-stick coatings, there were still perceptions among some consumers regarding the safety of non-stick cookware, especially with new coating materials.
Sustainability Challenges: Despite the demand for eco-friendly options, there were challenges in creating truly sustainable non-stick cookware, including the recycling and disposal of certain materials.
Competition from Alternative Materials: Traditional non-stick coatings faced competition from alternative materials like stainless steel, cast iron, and ceramic, which appealed to consumers looking for different cooking experiences.
Cooking Style Compatibility: Non-stick coatings might not be suitable for certain high-heat cooking methods, limiting their use in some professional or specific cooking scenarios.
Regulatory Compliance: Compliance with regulations related to food contact materials and chemical use, especially in different regions, posed challenges for non-stick cookware manufacturers.
Innovation in Coating Materials: The development of new, advanced, and eco-friendly coating materials that address health and environmental concerns presents an opportunity for manufacturers to differentiate their products.
Health and Wellness Focus: With an increasing focus on health and wellness, there is an opportunity to market non-stick cookware as part of a healthy cooking lifestyle, emphasizing features like low-fat cooking and easy cleaning.
Smart Technology Integration: Opportunities exist for incorporating smart technologies into non-stick cookware, such as temperature sensors, app connectivity, and other features that enhance the cooking experience.
Customization and Personalization: Offering customizable options, such as personalized colors, sizes, and sets, can attract consumers looking for unique and tailored kitchen solutions.
Marketing Sustainability: Emphasizing the use of sustainable and eco-friendly materials in non-stick cookware can appeal to environmentally conscious consumers and contribute to a positive brand image.
Online Retail Expansion: The growth of e-commerce provides an opportunity for manufacturers to expand their online presence and reach a broader consumer base through various digital platforms.
An analyst’s viewpoint on the non-stick cookware market would likely consider various factors shaping the industry. From a positive perspective, the increasing consumer emphasis on health-conscious cooking and environmentally friendly products presents a lucrative opportunity for manufacturers to innovate in coating materials and promote sustainability.
The integration of smart technologies into non-stick cookware, coupled with customization options, opens avenues for differentiation in a competitive market. Furthermore, the growth of online retail allows companies to reach a wider audience and adapt to changing consumer shopping behaviors.
However, challenges such as durability concerns, price sensitivity, and the need for regulatory compliance persist. To capitalize on these opportunities, industry players may need to invest in research and development, strategic marketing, and partnerships to stay ahead in a dynamic and evolving market landscape.
Raw Materials Sourcing: The supply chain for non-stick cookware heavily depends on the availability and cost of raw materials, such as metals for the cookware base and coatings for non-stick properties. Manufacturers need to secure a stable supply of these materials to maintain production.
Coating Technologies: Innovations in non-stick coating technologies, including the development of new materials and application methods, can impact the supply side by influencing production efficiency and the quality of the final products.
Manufacturing Processes: Efficiency in manufacturing processes, including molding, coating application, and assembly, plays a crucial role in determining the supply capacity of non-stick cookware. Continuous improvements in automation and production technologies contribute to increased output.
Capacity Utilization: The utilization of manufacturing facilities and production capacities by non-stick cookware manufacturers is a key supply-side factor. Higher capacity utilization allows for increased production volumes and can affect market availability.
Global Production Centers: Understanding the geographic distribution of non-stick cookware production centers is essential for assessing supply-side dynamics. Different regions may have varied production capabilities and cost structures.
Key Recent Developments:
Advanced Coating Technologies: Continued innovations in non-stick coating technologies, with a focus on durability, eco-friendliness, and enhanced performance, were expected.
Sustainable and Eco-Friendly Initiatives: Companies were likely to emphasize sustainability, using environmentally friendly materials and production processes to align with growing consumer preferences for eco-conscious products.
Smart Technology Integration: The integration of smart technologies into non-stick cookware, such as temperature control features or connectivity options, might have seen further developments to enhance the cooking experience.
Health and Wellness Focus: Manufacturers were expected to continue catering to health-conscious consumers, possibly by introducing features that promote healthier cooking practices or addressing concerns about certain materials used in non-stick coatings.
Product Diversification: Companies might have explored product diversification by introducing new designs, sizes, and configurations to meet the evolving needs and preferences of consumers.
Market Expansion and Global Reach: Non-stick cookware manufacturers could have expanded their market reach, both geographically and through e-commerce channels, to tap into new consumer demographics.
Some of the market players:
- Bradshaw International: Bradshaw International is a kitchenware and home products company. They are known for producing a wide range of kitchen tools, gadgets, and cookware under various brand names.
- Conair Corporation: Conair Corporation is a multinational company that operates in various sectors, including personal care, beauty, and kitchen appliances. They are known for their diverse range of products, including kitchen gadgets and small appliances.
- Groupe SEB: Groupe SEB is a French multinational company and a leading manufacturer of small household appliances. They own several well-known brands such as Tefal, Krups, and Rowenta, offering a diverse range of kitchen and home products.
- Calphalon (Newell Brands LLC): Calphalon, a brand under Newell Brands LLC, is recognized for its premium cookware, bakeware, and kitchenware. They are known for producing high-quality products with a focus on innovation and durability.
- Cook N Home: Cook N Home is a brand that produces a variety of kitchenware and cookware products. They offer affordable and practical kitchen solutions for everyday cooking needs.
- Cuisinart: Cuisinart, a brand owned by Conair Corporation, is renowned for its kitchen appliances and cookware. They produce a wide range of products, including food processors, blenders, and high-quality cookware.
- Denby Group Limited: Denby is a British company known for its stoneware and pottery products. They specialize in the production of high-quality dinnerware, bakeware, and tabletop accessories.
- Nordic Ware: Nordic Ware is an American company famous for its innovative bakeware and kitchenware products. They are particularly known for their Bundt pans and other specialty baking molds.
- Regal Ware, Inc.: Regal Ware is a manufacturer of high-quality cookware and kitchen products. They offer a range of stainless steel and cast iron cookware, focusing on durability and performance.
Non-stick cookware Market: Segmentation
Premium: This category includes high-end cookware with advanced features and premium materials, often designed for professional and gourmet cooking.
Mass: Cookware in the mass category is more affordable and caters to a broader consumer base. It offers practicality and functionality at a lower price point.
Teflon Coated: Teflon-coated cookware features a non-stick surface made with polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE). It is known for its easy food release and low maintenance.
Anodized Aluminium Coated: Anodized aluminum cookware is coated with a hard oxide layer for durability and even heating. It provides a non-reactive surface and is resistant to scratching.
Enameled Iron Coated: Enameled iron cookware, often cast iron, is coated with a layer of enamel for added durability and resistance to rust. It combines the benefits of cast iron with a non-reactive surface.
Ceramic Coating: Ceramic-coated cookware features a ceramic layer that is non-stick and resistant to high temperatures. It is known for being free of PFOA and PTFE.
Modern Trade: Cookware sold through modern trade channels, including large retail chains and supermarkets.
Specialty Stores: Specialty stores focus on specific product categories, providing a curated selection of cookware options.
Franchise Outlet: Cookware available through franchise outlets, which may offer branded or specialized products.
Online Stores: Cookware available for purchase through e-commerce platforms, providing convenience and a wide range of options.
Departmental Stores: Cookware available in departmental stores, offering a diverse selection of household products.
Residential: Cookware designed for home use, catering to the needs of individual consumers.
HoreCA: Cookware tailored for use in the Hotel, Restaurant, and Catering (HoreCA) industry, often designed for commercial kitchens.
North America: Cookware available and popular in the North American market.
Latin America: Cookware catering to the Latin American market, reflecting regional preferences and demand.
Europe: Cookware designed for and popular in the European market, considering diverse cooking traditions.
South Asia: Cookware catering to the South Asian market, with consideration for local culinary practices.
East Asia: Cookware popular in East Asian countries, often reflecting specific cooking styles and preferences.
Oceania: Cookware available and preferred in the Oceania region, considering diverse consumer needs.
About Persistence Market Research:
Business intelligence is the foundation of every business model employed by Persistence Market Research. Multi-dimensional sources are being put to work, which include big data, customer experience analytics, and real-time data collection. Thus, working on “micros” by Persistence Market Research helps companies overcome their “macro” business challenges.
Persistence Market Research is always way ahead of its time. In other words, it tables market solutions by stepping into the companies’/clients’ shoes much before they themselves have a sneak pick into the market. The pro-active approach followed by experts at Persistence Market Research helps companies/clients lay their hands on techno-commercial insights beforehand, so that the subsequent course of action could be simplified on their part.
Persistence Market Research
Teerth Technospace, Unit B-704
Survey Number – 103, Baner
Mumbai Bangalore Highway
Pune 411045 India
Email: [email protected]
Disclaimer: The above press release comes to you under an arrangement with GlobeNewswire. Business Upturn takes no editorial responsibility for the same.