Barack Obama served as the 44th president of the United States from 2009 to 2017. Here are 9 interesting facts about Obama that everyone wants to know:
1. Obama was the first African-American president of the US.
2. Obama’s real-life heroes include Martin Luther King Jr., Mahatma Gandhi, among others.
3. As he was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, he was also the first president not born in the contiguous US.
4. After graduation, he worked as a community organizer in Chicago.
5. In 1988, he enrolled in Harvard Law School, where he was the first black person to be president of the Harvard Law Review.
6. His first name means “one who is blessed” in Swahili.
7. He and his wife, Michelle, are the proud parents of two daughters, Malia and Sasha.
8. In 2008 and again in 2012, he was named Time magazine’s “Person of the Year.”
9. In 2007, Obama formally announced his campaign to run for president. He was elected president in November 2008 and served as the 44th president of the United States for 2 terms.