Sania Mirza set to retire after finishing this season’s Australian Open

Sania Mirza to retire from playing tennis after she after this season of Australian Open.

Indian Tennis star, Sania Mirza declares her retirement after finishing the current season. Sania Mirza made this announcement after she and her Ukrainian partner lost at the opening round of women’s doubles of the Australian Open on Wednesday.

They were thrashed by Slovenian Tennis players, Kaja Juvan and Tamara Zidanšek, 6-4,7-6.

Saina said that there are a few reasons behind her retirement, it’s not as simple as okay that she is not going to play. She does feel that her recovery is taking longer than expected, and also traveling a lot with her three-year-old son is putting him at risk that she wants to take into account.

Having said that, she feels her body is wearing down and her knee was also hurting. She clarifies the fact that she is not blaming her knee pain for the loss but she feels that her recovery is taking longer as she is getting older.

A former doubles world no.1 has won six Grand Slam titles in her career so far. Sania believes that she has the zeal to play till the end of the season but after that, it’s going to be tough for her.

Sania says that she wants to continue this season as she is enjoying enough to play this year. She has worked very hard to come back on the court like getting fit and losing weight so that she can be a true example for the mothers. She encourages the new mothers to follow their dreams as much as they can. But Post this season, she doesn’t feel that she can play again.

Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time