Good news for the Tottenham fans as Harry Kane himself confirmed on Wednesday that he is going to stay at Spurs this summer via tweet. He has silenced all the rumours about him leaving the club and going to the last season’s Premier League champions Manchester City.
Manchester City was very keen to get the striker into their team this summer but now the deal looks very difficult. Kane earlier this summer didn’t turn up in the Spurs training and also he wasn’t seen in the Spurs checkups. Thus, the Tottenham board and the fans thought that the 2020-2021 season for Harry Kane in Spurs.
Premier League side City was ready to pay even €150 million for the English striker and also made a bid of the said amount but it was rejected by Spurs as reported by Italian football journalist Fabrizio Romano. City wanted the striker badly as they recently lost their first team striker, Kun Aguero who left for Barcelona earlier this summer. It seemed Harry Kane was also interested in the deal but now out of nowhere, he tweeted and informed that he will be staying at Tottenham this season. He said he was getting messages of support from the spurs fans and he also liked the fans’ reaction when he came on from the bench in Tottenham’s last match against Wolves.
Tottenham board on the same position since June 1. NO intention to sell Harry Kane. NO players accepted like Gabriel Jesus or Laporte. Two official City bids refused: €122m, €150m. ⚪️🚫 #THFC
Daniel Levy, Fabio Paratici and Nuno on a mission day by day: convince Harry to stay. pic.twitter.com/jRyVIQ4rBr
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 25, 2021
“I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success,” Harry Kane tweeted.
It was incredible to see the reception from the Spurs fans on Sunday and to read some of the messages of support I've had in the last few weeks. 👏⚽
— Harry Kane (@HKane) August 25, 2021