The ten participating teams have begun extensive practice sessions with their sights set on the IPL 2023 trophy. The BCCI has also made available the complete schedule for the TATA Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023.
The IPL has seen some of the most memorable batting performances in cricket history, leaving an indelible impression on fans all over the world. The tournament has featured remarkable displays of batting prowess, ranging from the elegance of Sachin Tendulkar’s strokeplay to the aggression of Virat Kohli. The league has also given young and upcoming batsmen a platform to showcase their abilities and make a name for themselves in the sport.
Let’s take a look at the 5 highest run-scorers in IPL history and their remarkable contributions to the tournament –
1. VIRAT KOHLI- The Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) veteran Virat Kohli, has scored the most runs in IPL history. He has 6624 runs in 223 matches, with an average of 36.19 and a strike rate of 129.14. In the tournament, he has five centuries and 44 half-centuries, demonstrating his batting prowess. Kohli’s highest IPL score is 113.
2. SHIKHAR DHAWAN- The Indian opener is the second-highest run-getter in IPL history. He has scored 6244 runs in 206 matches, at an average of 35.07 and a strike rate of 126.34. Dhawan’s best IPL score is an unbeaten 106. Dhawan had a fantastic season in 2020, scoring two consecutive centuries and totaling 618 runs in 17 matches at an average of 44.14 and a strike rate of 144.73.
3. DAVID WARNER – The Australian cricketer is the IPL’s third-highest run-scorer. In 162 matches, he has scored 5881 runs at an average of 42.00 and a strike rate of 140.69. Warner is well-known for his aggressive batting style, excellent fielding abilities, and effective off-spin bowling. In the tournament, he has four centuries and 55 half-centuries. Warner’s highest IPL score is 126. Warner finished the 2016 IPL as the tournament’s second highest run-scorer, with 848 runs in 17 matches, including nine half-centuries, at an average of 60.57 and a strike rate of 151.42.
4. ROHIT SHARMA – The Mumbai Indians captain is the fourth-highest run-scorer in IPL history. He has 5879 runs in 227 matches at a strike rate of 129.89 and an average of 30.30. Sharma is well-known for his ability to bat big innings under pressure and for his leadership abilities. In the tournament, he has 40 half-centuries. Sharma’s best IPL score is an unbeaten 109.
5. SURESH RAINA – In 205 matches, he has scored 5528 runs at an average of 32.51 and a strike rate of 136.83. Raina is well-known for his aggressive batting style, excellent fielding abilities, and effective off-spin bowling. In the tournament, he has one century and 38 half-centuries. Raina’s highest IPL score is 100 not out.