One time Indian Premier League winners Sunrisers Hyderabad will start their second leg of the tournament, as they face joint table-toppers Delhi Capitals in a contest that is much needed for the Orange Army, after their embarrassing and poor performance in the first leg of the tournament which was held in India.
The arrival of COVID-19 changed the location to Dubai for the remainder of the season. Sunrisers got off to a poor start in the tournament losing six of the last seven games. They will be without the service of Johnny Bairstow who has ruled himself out for the rest of the tournament. The exclusion of Johnny Bairstow is a huge miss for the Orange Army. It will be a mountain to climb for the Sunrisers Hyderabad if they want to have a chance to qualify for the playoffs happening later.
Here will be 11 players who shall be part of the playing XI against Delhi Capitals on Wednesday:
1) David Warner- He is the team’s highest run-getter throughout the entire tournament as he looks forward to providing a huge number of runs for the team with his hard-hitting knocks adding precision and consistency. He will be looking forward to giving a fire-cracking performance for the team in UAE.
2) Wriddhiman Saha- He has provided the team with a very amazing start in the first leg of the IPL season, as he will mostly partner with David Warner to dodge and tackle DC’s bowling unit.
3) Kane Williamson- The calm Kiwi has a huge responsibility on his shoulder as a batsman and a captain. He might be the surprise package for the DC bowling unit.
4) Manish Pandey- The veteran Indian batsman has an incredible amount of talent in his batting skills and shots. He has provided match-winning innings and will look forward to doing the same.
5) Vijay Shankar- The Indian strong all-rounder will provide depth and strength to the squad as he can bat and bowl well.
6) Abdul Samad- The 19-year-old teenager can strike the ball with the bat well and provide exceptional spin to the DC batsmen’s.
7) Rashid Khan- The current ace Afghani bowler is considered the best spinning bowler in the tournament’s history. He will be a nightmare to the Delhi Capital in the UAE.
8) Mohammad Nabi- The Afghani off-spinner looks to provide twists and turns in his batting and bowling skills. He had performed very decently in the first leg.
9) Bhuvneshwar Kumar- The experience of Bhuvneshwar will provide the team with a huge boost throughout the tournament.
10) T Natarajan- He impressed the entire team with his excellent bowling performance as he was later picked for the Indian Cricket team.
11) Khaleel Ahmed- This left armed pacer will be excited to share the ball with Bhuvneshwar Kumar and should provide the breakthrough for the rest of the tournament.