Five times defending Indian Premier League champions Mumbai Indians, who lost their opener against three times IPL champions Chennai Super Kings in an El-Clasico encounter on Sunday, should look back to winning ways when they clash against the might Kolkata Knight Riders on Thursday held in Abu Dhabi. The defending champions are currently sitting in the fourth position as they need to win this game to keep their place alive in the playoffs happening later. Rohit Sharma and Hardik Pandya both were crucial players, as they missed the game with a small niggle making the fans worry about their availability against Kolkata Knight Riders.
Mumbai Indians is currently sweating on the fitness and the availability of their star all-rounder Hardik Pandya who have delivered a huge number of performances not only with the bat but also with the ball. His absence was duly missed by the team and proved to be a very heavy loss, as they went on to lose to Dhoni’s Chennai Super Kings by 20 runs in the second leg opener on Sunday. Although Mumbai Indians have an upper hand against Kolkata Knight Riders as of the head to head record, beating them won’t be an easy job after their spectacular performance against Kohli’s Royal Challengers Bangalore in the same venue.
The predicted Mumbai Indians lineup against Kolkata Knight Riders are:-
1) Rohit Sharma- The Mumbai Indians captain is all set to make a comeback in the squad after missing out on the opener. He loves to score against Kolkata Knight Riders, as he will look forward to providing a fast start for the team alongside Quinton de Kock.
2) Quinton de Kock- The South African versatile wicketkeeper looks to provide a better batting performance against Knight Riders. He should get the team off to a flying start to ensure a big score.
3) Suryakumar Yadav- The veteran Indian batsman, looks to provide more firecracker to the squad with his consistency. He is one of the rising stars for the Mumbai Indians and the Indian cricket team.
4) Ishan Kishan- The left-handed talented batsman looks forward to bolstering the KKR’s bowling unit. He will provide a key factor in the middle order unit as he looks forward to scoring big.
5) Kieron Pollard- The hard-hitting West Indian had disappointed as a captain, but will surely tear up the KKR’s bowling unit. He surely will deliver a firepower performance.
6) Hardik Pandya- This superstar, if fully fit would be good news for the fans. He can play a massive knock and make the bowler’s a big nightmare with his hard-hitting knocks and good batting skills.
7) Krunal Pandya- He disappointed the team with his bowling as he conceded 27 runs in 4 overs. The southpaw would look forward to bring his performance back.
8) Trent Boult- The New Zealand fast pacer got off to a flying start as he dismissed Faf and Suresh Raina in the same over. He has been phenomenal in taking wickets during the powerplay overs and will look to provide the same against KKR.
9) Adam Milne- The tall pacer from New Zealand can also provide some serious pace and bounce on a pitch where KKR have struggled.
10) Jasprit Bumrah- India’s best bowler will look forward to knocking off KKR’s batting unit as early as possible.
11) Rahul Chahar- This leg spinner would love to provide some turn making the KKR batting unit struggle. He is also taken 11 wickets in this year’s tournament.