Royal Challengers Bangalore have one of the most balanced squads in this season’s Dream11 IPL, whereas Kings XI Punjab have a new captain and management along with a few new faces in the dugout.
On one side RCB have one of the most experienced captains in the tournament in King Kohli, KXIP have KL Rahul who makes his debut season as a captain in the IPL.
— Royal Challengers Bangalore (@RCBTweets) September 24, 2020
The two teams are set to play this evening in Dubai. The key factor would be the toss as the team batting first has won both the games in Dubai so far. RCB and KXIP both played their opening matches in Dubai and hence both the teams would be prepared for what is to come from the pitch and playing conditions.
As the franchise from Bangalore put on a commanding display in their first match it is very likely that they edge past the team from Punjab in this one, however the likes of KL Rahul, Mayank Agarwal, Mohammad Shami and Glenn Maxwell might have a few tricks up their sleeves to knick this one past Virat Kohli’s team.
— Punjab Kings (@PunjabKingsIPL) September 23, 2020
- Kings XI conceded 57 runs off the last 18 balls in their previous game against Delhi Capitals.
- Among all batsmen with at least 200 runs in the middle overs since 2019, Mayank Agarwal (151.74) has the second-best strike rate in that phase behind Jonny Bairstow (157.04). KL Rahul is fifth at 138.69.
- Rahul needs two runs to complete 2000 in the IPL. If he gets there in Thursday’s game, he will have done so in his 60th innings, becoming the third-quickest to the mark behind Chris Gayle (48) and Shaun Marsh (52) and the quickest Indian ahead of Sachin Tendulkar (63).
- Dale Steyn requires three wickets to reach a total of 100 in the IPL.
- Yuzvendra Chahal has taken 19 wickets against KXIP at an average of 16.0 and a strike rate of 12.4.