The playoffs are the most pressure matches of the tournament. Each match is a decider of which team will win the trophy. And performing on such a stage takes immense courage and vigor. Let’s have a look at the top knocks of the playoffs. And know about the players who stepped up and went on to show the world their passion with a bat in hand.
- 112* by Rajat Patidar, RCB vs LSG 2022 (Eliminator): Rajat Patidar came in as a replacement this season for the injured Luvnith Sisodia. Patidar showed his significance to the side in the most crucial match of the tournament by scoring a sensational century in the eliminator. The team was struggling in the initial overs with Captain Faf du Plessis being sent back home for a golden duck. Patidar took up the responsibility and went on to score 112* runs in just 54. His innings included 14 boundaries and 7 massive sixes. With the help of his knock RCB was able to reach a huge total of 207*.
- 113 by Murli Vijay CSK v DC 2012 (Q2): In the second Qualifier of the season 2012. CSK faced Delhi Daredevils (now Delhi Capitals). In the match, CSK put on a mammoth total of 222/5 with the help of Murli Vijay‘s brilliant innings of 113*. Vijay who then was an essential part of the CSK franchise and had won several matches for the team. CSK defeated Delhi successfully by 86 runs to qualify for the finals.
- 115* by Wriddhiman Saha PBKS v KKR 2014 (Final): In the Grand Finale of IPL 2014, the world witnessed a high-scoring match. Kings XI Punjab (now Punjab Kings) set up a target of 200 runs for KKR after the first innings. 115 runs off the 199, were scored by the PBKS wicket-keeper Wriddhiman Saha. Saha played a stunning inning of 115* in just 55 balls, including 10 fours and 8 sixes. The pull shots played by the batsman were a treat to watch. However, KKR chased the total in a last-ball finish. Manish Pandey scored 94 runs off 50 balls to bring KKR into the game. Later Yusuf Pathan‘s and Piyush Chawla‘s cameo sealed the match for KKR. Manish Pandey was awarded man of the match for his impressive knock.
- 117* by Shane Watson CSK v SRH 2018 (Final): After a wait of six years, CSK won their third title in the Indian Premier League in 2018. Shane Watson has CSK’s hero in the finals against Sunrisers Hyderabad. Chasing a target of 179, Watson provided a brilliant start to the side. He also went on to score a magnificent century (117 off 57 balls) to take his side home. In his innings of 117 runs, Watson smashed 11 boundaries and eight classy sixes.
- 122 by V Sehwag PBKS v CSK 2014 (Q2): Virender Sehwag with his innings of 122 runs off 58 balls holds the record of the highest score in playoffs. In the 2014 IPL season, Punjab faced CSK in Qualifier 2. The game was a high-scoring game with 428 runs scored in total. Punjab put on a hue total of 228 runs in the first innings with the help of Virender Sehwag. Sehwag played a ferocious inning of 122 off 58 balls, including 12 fours and 8 sixes taking the Wankhede by Storm. CSK tried their best to chase the total but in the end, lost the match by 24 runs.