The Indian cricket squad that is currently travelling in England has been hit by unfortunate news as a player in the squad has tested positive for the Covid-19 virus. He is presumed to be staying at home and isolated presently and will not travel to Durham.
The Indian cricket team on Thursday afternoon is planned to amass in Durham for practice for a three-day warm-up match against a County Championship XI team that starts July 20.
The team of India were allowed for a 20-day break after their World Test Championship (WTC) final failure against New Zealand who became the champions of the tournament.
Cricketers were advised by Secretary of Board of Control for Cricket in India Jay Shah, to not step out as the Delta variant was common in the country. Despite the indication, players were discerned attending the 2020 European Championship and Wimbledon tournament. In the letter, the cricket administrator Jay Shah had also referred to the players to not go out because vaccination does not procure immunity.
“The other members and support staff have tested negative so far. Since the players were on their own for the last few weeks, there is no question of anyone coming in close contact with the said player. So, there are no changes in the plan for the Indian team,” told a senior Board source to Sporstar.