The legendary Australian player Adam Gilchrist has selected the first five players he would start in his ideal World T20I XI with less than two weeks to the start of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup. Adam Gilchrist stated his top 5 –
1. David Warner (Australia) – ICC T20I Batting Ranking: 49th
“He’s at the top of the order,” Gilchrist said.
“I think just his attacking attitude, the way he kick-starts innings at the top, and the confidence he’ll have from the previous T20 World Cup.”
2. Babar Azam (Pakistan) – ICC T20I Batting Ranking: 3th
“His versatility across all formats, but also when it’s getting down to T20 cricket, just across all conditions, I think he can play all conditions really well,” Gilchrist noted.
3. Hardik Pandya (India) – ICC T20I All-Rounder Ranking: 4th
“Pandya is just an awesome figure straight across the board,” Gilchrist said.
“His ability to bat, bowl, field and entertain, he’s definitely in there.”
4. Rashid Khan (Afghanistan) – ICC T20I Bowling Ranking: 4th
“He’s just got to be there in any T20 team, doesn’t he?” Gilchrist said.
“Cricketer of the year in this format across the world. Over the last decade, Rashid Khan is in there.”
5. Jos Buttler (England) – ICC T20I Batting Ranking: 21st
“It’s a bit batting heavy I know, but Jos Buttler for me,” Gilchrist added.
“He is just dynamic, his power and his courage to take it on. Simply a stroke of brilliance from him and its game over.”