Technology has indeed revolutionized the medicine delivery process. It has played a very important role in pharmacy functioning.
Through digital practices, it is possible to meet a doctor in a virtual setup, look for medicines online, and buy them online. We use mobile devices for several things, including daily use things, electronic items, and other sophisticated stuff, so ordering medicines is no exception, especially when they are so important and needed on time!
Covid-19 was just a teaser of how the medicine home delivery was changing. This formed a stepping stone to further build a digital empire for the modern e-pharmacies industry.
Let’s look at how technology has extended itself and made it possible to get same-day medicine delivery.
Technology is embedded in the modern age of pharmacy dispensing, as it is used in Electronic Prescription: It has several distinct advantages, making an accurate, error-free, and easy-to-understand prescription. They may also send the prescription directly to a pharmacy.
The Benefits of Electronic Prescription Are
- It improves the health care quality and patient safety
- Makes care more easy and convenient, and it can help in ease of refilling prescriptions
- Overall, it’s a cheaper, more convenient, and safer option for doctors, pharmacies, and patients.
- Automated dispensing- It is the dispensing of medicines automatically, thereby reducing the pharmacist’s efforts. It ensures first-dose availability and timely administration and mainly helps in emergencies.
- It also eliminates the dispensing of unused medicines, which reduces administration errors.
- From a workload perspective, it reduces the dispensing time and allows the pharmacist to do other patient-related activities.
- Technological advancement has made it possible to invent an automated dispensing machine to meet the requirements for an efficient medication distribution system.
Barcode Scanning- It allows scanning all the available medicines throughout the pharmacy, from stocks to dispensing. In short, it helps to avoid medication errors.
- Barcodes are meant to speed up the delivery or check-out process of medicines. With the help of a barcode, you can know the drug details like drug quality, quantity, price, and details.
- The advantage of barcode scanning is that it is a quick and accurate process.
- It helps streamline the inventory process, track and understand the stock, update inventory information, and eliminate human errors.
Pharmacy Management Software – It is a comprehensive software for managing the pharmacy’s finances, orders, and inventories. It is a proven method to enhance efficiency and profitability.
- The advantages of the pharmacy management system is very easy to work and saves time. It is an indispensable system for managing regular customer records, medicines stock, etc.
- It auromates the pharmacist’s work by collecting and retrieving the information, improving response time in sales and no time lag in customer/patient care.
- It basically removes the complexities of the system and does the same work in a simplified way.
Telepharmacy- Telepharmacy is one of the widely and now very popular ways of catering to patients. It allows medication, counseling, and medication services to the patients remotely. Telepharmacy is helpful for patients living in rural areas or any places where getting medicine from the pharmacy is a difficult task.
- The services given by Telepharmacy are patient counseling, drug therapy monitoring, and refill authorization for the prescribed drugs.
- The benefits of telepharmacy- The clear benefit is reaching the section of people who cannot otherwise get the medicine from the pharmacies.
There are four different types of telepharmacies. 1. Remote dispensing 2. Remote patient counselling 3. Remote order-entry review 4. IV admixture notification.
As technology continues to evolve, there will certainly be more innovative ways to use technology to improve pharmacy management.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Advantages of the Online Medicine Delivery?
The advantages of online medicine delivery are reduced waiting time to buy medicines, purchasing medicine in online pharmacies reduces the bill, and it also provides the necessary privacy and secrecy.
List a Few Technology-enabled Innovations Used in the Medicine Home Delivery Apps?
A few of technology-enabled innovations are:
- Barcode scanning
- Electronic prescription
- Pharmacy management system
Can We Get Any Online Medicine Delivery Near Me?
Yes, it is possible to get the medicine online delivery in the places near you through the use of online medicine delivery apps.
Will Technology Use in Medicine Home Delivery Replace the Pharmacist’s Work?
Technology will not replace the pharmacist’s work; instead, it will help bring out the true work of a pharmacist in the pharmacy or a healthcare setup like a hospital.