Microcement is an advanced and high-performance material that uses a mix of color pigments that can attach to any surface, additives, fine aggregates, and polymers. Microcement gives a practical and versatile finish to any surface in your home or office. This material provides a continuous surface that’s the reason it doesn’t need a substrate, and it’s a non-slip product that you can maintain very easily. Microcement is a better option than tiles because it provides the feel and look of concrete and it’s a great option for kitchens and bathrooms as it offers stain-free and hygienic surfaces. Let us discuss more on why microcement is a better choice than tiles.
Disadvantages of tiles
The first thing you have to know about microcement is that it’s easy to clean and maintain. Although tiles are not too difficult to clean, with time the color and design fade due to the use of cleaning materials. So, you must ask yourself, which one is better: tiles or a concrete coffee table in your home? Another issue with tiles is the environmental particles and dust in the air that stick between the tile’s joints, and if you don’t clean them regularly, they will be hard to remove. On the other hand, you can clean the microcement floor with a cleaner and a mop, and it will be easier to sweep the dirt from the concrete floor.
So, when it comes to maintenance, microcement is more convenient than tiles. In addition, micro-cement provides different colors and designs just like tiles, but it will not fade away with excessive cleaning. You can customize the designs of microcement, which isn’t possible with tiles.
Why is microcement better?
Microcement is better for your home or office, and there is enough proof to back this truth. Let us read more about its advantages.
- Different types of finishes- Microcement comes with different types of finishes. Many manufacturers provide customized finishes that will help you get the design you want.
- Durable option- A coating of microcement is much more durable than tiles. It gives protection against abrasions, and the top part stays almost free of cracks. A finished micro cement surface does not shrink or contract under weather conditions. It’s also resistant to harmful chemicals.
- Waterproof solution- Other than using tiles, you can get a concrete coffee table, because it’s waterproof. Water cannot damage the surface of concrete, this is the reason, it’s a great option for bathrooms, swimming pools, and kitchens.
- Cost-effective- microcement flooring is cost-effective. The material gives a perfect finish and has the weight and expense of the original concrete. You will find the cost is more reasonable than tiles, and it is very affordable.
- Environment-friendly material- Microcement is made of natural ingredients, thus it’s environment-friendly. Maintenance and cleaning are very easy, you just need water to clean the surface. Moreover, you will get bacteria and germs free surfaces.
Microcement is cheaper than tiles because it’s applied directly over the existing floor. This means, you will not have to remove the old tiles or flooring, this can save the disposal and labor cost. Both tiles and micro cement are good options for your home, but you need to weigh the pros and cons before you choose one option. It will be best if you consult a professional.