The Union cabinet expansion is likely on the cards this week. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to reshuffle the cabinet in this ongoing week. Currently, the Union cabinet is compromised with 52 faces and it is expected that PM Modi might add 20 more ministers in the ongoing process.
The total size of the cabinet might go up to around 75 to 81 ministers in the much-expected cabinet to reshuffle. Let us understand this development and understand how new cabinet may look and probable candidates.
- It is expected that Sushil Modi, Jyotiraditya Scindia, Sarbananda Sonowal, Ladakh MP Jamyang Tsering Namgyal and Anupriya Patel are top names seen in the expanded cabinet.
- It is also expected that the cabinet expansion can take place during this week itself and as per sources the expansion is due by July 7.
- Also around 20 to 22 ministers are expected to take the oath.
- There might be two or three ministers from Bihar which includes former Bihar deputy Chief Minister Sushil Modi, JDU’s RCP Singh and LJP’s Pashupati Kumar Paras
- It might be expected that one to two ministers may be included from Madhya Pradesh. Jyotiraditya Scindia and MP Rakesh Singh are two candidates in line to find place in the new cabinet.
- Besides this one or two members from Maharashtra, Assam, West Bengal and one from Rajasthan, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh and Odisha may be inducted in the cabinet. It is expected that Narayan Rane from Maharashtra is expected to stand in cabinet line.
- Prakash Javadekar, Piyush Goyal, Dharmendra Pradhan, Nitin Gadkari, Dr Harsh Vardhan, Narendra Singh Tomar, Ravi Shankar Prasad, Smirti Irani and Hardeep Singh Puri are the ministers who are currently holding two or more portfolios.
Sources have said that Union Cabinet may likely to see 81 ministers and the probable expansion may take place between 6 to 8 July.