As Sundar Pichai turns 48, here are some lesser-known facts about the Google CEO
Sundar Pichai turned 48 today and the social media is flooded with posts, greetings, wishes and pictures dedicated to Google’s India-born CEO.
On Pichai’s birthday, the entire world cherishes this personality who manifests greatness in the frame of a simpleton.
Pichai became Alphabet’s CEO when Google co-founders stepped down from their leadership roles.
On his birthday, let’s take a look at a few lesser-known facts about Pichai:
- He was born in Madurai, Tamil Nadu in 1972.
- Pichai’s dad was in the field of electrical engineering, while his mom worked as a stenographer.
- From the IIT-Kharagpur, he earned a degree in metallurgical engineering.
- He is also an alumnus of Wharton business school and Stanford University.
- Google CEO’s love story is an uncomplicated tale of two souls who met in college. He and his wife, Anjali, were from the same batch.
- After graduation, Sundar went to America for his higher studies. As he wasn’t financially independent, he didn’t talk to his future wife, who was in India, for almost 6 months. However, true love found its way and the distance strengthened their relationship more.
- The couple is blessed with two children – daughter Kavya and son Kiran Pichai.
- He has a phenomenal power of remembering every telephone number he has ever dialled.
- The top boss of Google is an avid cricket fan. He was also the captain of his High School team.
- In his leisure time, he loves to play chess.