Businessman Darshan Hiranandani has made serious allegations against Trinamool Congress MP Mahua Moitra in a signed affidavit. Hiranandani said in a signed affidavit that the TMC MP targeted industrialist Gautam Adani for defaming Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Now TMC MP Mahua Moitra has questioned over how the affidavit was leaked in media citing rules. Moitra said: “Chairman Ethics Committee openly speaks to media. Please see Lok Sabha rules below. How does “affidavit” find its way to media? Chairman should first do enquiry into how this was leaked. I repeat – BJP 1 point agenda is to expel me from LS to shut me up on Adani.”
Chairman Ethics Committee openly speaks to media. Please see Lok Sabha rules below. How does “affidavit” find its way to media? Chairman should first do enquiry into how this was leaked.
I repeat – BJP 1 point agenda is to expel me from LS to shut me up on Adani pic.twitter.com/6JHPGqaoTI
— Mahua Moitra (@MahuaMoitra) October 20, 2023
What did Mahua say in response to the affidavit?
TMC MP Mahua Moitra has posted his two-page statement on social media platform X. Altogether, five questions have been raised in this. Mahua has said that three days ago, Hiranandani Group said in an official press release that all the allegations levelled against him are baseless. Today the affidavit gets leaked in the press. This affidavit is white paper, which has no letterhead. I want to ask some questions.
1. Darshan Hiranandani has not yet been summoned by CBI or any investigating agency. Then to whom did he give this affidavit?
2. This affidavit is a white paper, not on any official letterhead or notary. After all, the most respected businessman of the country will sign such a white paper. He will do this only if a gun is held to his head.
3. The content written in the letter is a complete joke. It has been prepared by some people in PMO who work as creative writers in BJP’s IT cell. It is seen singing songs for PM Modi and Gautam Adani. In this, each of his rivals has been linked to me and my alleged corruption. The people whose names have been taken in this. Looking at them it seems as if if you enter everyone’s name, such an opportunity will not come again.
4. In part 12 of the paragraph, it is written that Darshan accepted my demands because he was afraid of displeasing me. Darshan’s father, and he is the first businessman of the country. He also accompanies the PM on foreign tours as part of the business delegation. How can a person who has access to every minister and PMO be afraid of an opposition MP? This is completely strange.
Jai Ma Durga. pic.twitter.com/Z2JsqOARCR
— Mahua Moitra (@MahuaMoitra) October 19, 2023
5. Why has Darshan not held a press conference yet? If he wanted, he could have tweeted it or his company could have come forward and given information about it. If he has really said this then he should come forward and make these allegations officially and not take the help of some back door. The truth is clearly visible.