The Indian indices in the trading session opened and closed high with Nifty above 10,300 level. At close, Sensex was up by 1 percent at 35,171. Whereas Nifty ended on the green side with 94 points at 10,383. In the session ended on Friday, Infosys became the top gainer with 47 points.
Around 1629 shares have advanced, 1040 shares declined, and 141 shares remain unchanged in the session. Among the sectors, Nifty Auto, Pharma, FMCG, Realty, and Consumption ended negatively.
Take a look at the key highlights of the session as of June 26, 2020:
- The indices closed positively in the session. Moreover, the market closed positive for the fourth week straight.
- Infosys, BPCL, TCS, IOC, and IndusInd Bank were among the top Nifty gainers in the session.
- Meanwhile, Bajaj Finance, ITC, Bharti Infratel, Tata Motors, and Kotak Mahindra joined the losers list on the NSE.
- Nifty Bank also ended confident in the session gaining 85 points at 21,592.
- The rupee ended at 75.64 per US dollar compared to the previous close of 75.66 per US dollar.
- As reported by CNBC TV-18, Apollo Hospitals and Ashok Leyland shares declined by 3 percent after posting their Q4 earning.
- Bharti Infratel shares dropped by 3 percent in the session ending at Rs. 220, becoming the Nifty loser.
- BSE midcap and smallcap ended on the end side at 13,258 and 12,630, respectively.
- HUL shares declined by 1 percent to end at 2,154.
- ITC shares slipped as much as 3 percent, washing off its gains in previous sessions.
Take a look at the week’s highpoints:
- Hero MotoCorp, Bajaj Finance, Bajaj Auto, were top gainers this week.
- However, ICICI Bank, HDFC, Bharti Airtel were in the losers list in the week’s trading.
- As reported by CNBC TV-18, Sensex and Nifty have gained 1.3 percent this week.
- Also, Nifty Bank is said to be up by 1.2 percent in the week, CNBC TV-18 reported.