In the closing bell, the Indian indices ended their 6-day streak and ended on the red side in the trading session. However, Nifty managed to close at 10,029. At close, Sensex stood at 33.980.7, hitting a 0.3 percent low. Whereas Nifty dropped by 32 points or 0.3 percent.
In addition, around 1287 shares have advanced, 1132 shares declined, and 156 shares remain unchanged. Further, Vedanta gained the title of top Nifty gainer as its shares surged by 8 percent towards the end.
Here are the key highlights of the equity session as of June 4, 2020:
- The market broke its 6-day streak of positive close and ended short. Although, Nifty managed to sustain above 10,000.
- Vedanta, Tech Mahindra, Zee Entertainment, Sun Pharma, and Bharti Airtel become the top 5 gainers on the NSE.
- The top 5 losers comprised Asian Paints, Bajaj Finance, IndusInd Bank, HDFC, and Kotak Mahindra.
- In addition, Reliance joined the top gainers and its shares increased by 38 points. This is after the company gained 1.6 times subscriptions of its rights issue on Wednesday.
- Airline Stocks increased with SpiceJet and IndiGo gaining 5 percent and 9 percent, individually.
- Nifty Bank dropped by 3 percent ending at 20,390.45. Today’s trading session was dragged mainly by the financials.
- Among the sectoral indices, almost all ended on a positive note. However, Nifty Fin Service, Realty, Pvt Bank, and Serv Sector ended on the negative side.
- BSE midcap and smallcap were hit a low point closing at 12,333 and 11,565, respectively.
- Moreover, BPCL revived and concluded at 357, up by 2 percent after it reported weak Q4 results.
- Similarly, HDFC Life saw a positive close at 517.6 after its parent company HDFC sold around 2.6 crore worth of shares.
- Bharti Airtel surge towards the end of the session by 4 percent. As reported by Reuters, Amazon is intending to buy 2 billion dollars stake in the telecom company.