Stock Market High-points: Indian indices ended positively with Nifty above 10,400; L&T becomes the top gainer
On Tuesday, the indices opened and closed on a positive note for the fourth day in a row with Nifty above 10,400 level. At close, Sensex was up by 519 points or 1.4 percent at 35,430. On the other hand, Nifty rallied by 159 points or 1.5 percent at 10,471.
Among the sectors, all the indices closed on the green side. Around 1929 shares have advanced, 749 shares declined, and 143 shares remain unchanged in the session. The shares of L&T surged as much as 7 percent and gained the title of top Nifty gainer.
Here are some of the key highpoints of the market session ended on June 23, 2020:
- The market rallied positively for the fourth session today.
- L&T, Bajaj Finance, IndusInd Bank, NTPC, and Hindalco were among the top gainers.
- On the other hand, Reliance, Bharti Airtel, Maruti Suzuki, and Vedanta joined the losers list.
- L&T shares surged by 7 percent to end at 967.6 and became the top gainer
- The rupee ended on a high point at 75.64 per US dollar against Monday’s close of 76.02.
- Nifty Bank ended green with 556.5 points or 2.5 percent at 22,265.
- BSE midcap and smallcap ended upbeat gaining 2 percent each at 13,282 and 12,668, respectively.
- Meanwhile, shares of Reliance and Bharti Airtel declined by 1 and 0.3 percent in the trading session.
- Nifty PSU Bank surged by 3.4 percent in the session closing at 1,524.
- Nifty IT gained 216 points or 1.5 percent at 14,680. As reported by CNBC TV 18, IT stocks gained in the session despite the announcement of the suspension of the H-1B visa till December 31.