Stock Highlights: Indices managed to end green with Nifty above 10,100; Tata Motors becomes top gainer
The Indian Indices after breaking a 6-day streak on Thursday saw a positive end today with Nifty closing over 10,100 level. At close, Sensex was high by 306.5 points or 1 percent at 34,287. Whereas Nifty ended advanced at 10,142, up 1 percent. The gains of the equity market on Friday were led by bank, auto, metal, and infra sectors.
Further, around 2028 shares have advanced, 505 shares declined, and 131 shares are unchanged. In addition, the stocks of SBI contributed highly to the gains during market closing after it reported remarkable Q4 results. Moreover, Tata Motors became the top Nifty gainer on June 5 trading session.
Here are the key highlights of Friday’s trading session (dated June 5, 2020):
- The market gained after breaking a 6-day streak in the previous session.
- SBI shares surged by 8 percent after reporting its positive Q4 results.
- Tata Motors became the top gainer ending higher by 12 percent.
- Among the top gainers were Tata Motors, Bharti Infratel, SBI, Tata Steel, Hindalco, and UPL.
- TCS, HUL, Cipla, Bajaj Auto, and Infosys became the top losers on the NSE.
- Further, all sectoral indices ended positively, except Nifty IT and Nifty FMCG.
- Similarly, BSE midcap and smallcap ended green with an increase of 2 and 2.5 percent, individually.
- HDFC and ICICI bank sealed positive with gaining 3 percent.
- Additionally, among the Midcap gainers were Vodafone Idea, NCC, L&T Finance, and Nalco.
- However, the Indian rupee washed off its early gains and locked flat at 75.58 against the US dollar.
Also, take a look at this week’s highlights of the equity market:
- The market gained for 6 days straight this week. However, it ended it on Thursday. Moreover, the market gained for 2nd consecutive week.
- In addition, Nifty Bank up 9 percent. Whereas the midcap index at 7 percent this week.
- Further, 45 Nifty stocks gain this week; Tata Motors, Bajaj Finance, Bajaj Finserv, Vedanta top gainers.
- Asian Paints, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, UltraTech Cement, Hero MotoCorp, TCS decline this week.