Stock highlights: Indices drop and close lower with Nifty around 10,200 level; ITC becomes top gainer
The Indian indices of Thursday opened and closed on a negative note over weak global cues. At close, Sensex was trading low by 26 points at 34,842. Whereas Nifty declined by 0.16 percent at 10,289. Further, ITC became the top gainer on Nifty today.
Around 1477 shares have advanced, 1130 shares declined, and 158 shares remain unchanged in the session ended. Most of the sector indices dropped in the trading session ended on June 25.
Take a look at the key highpoints of the session as of June 25, 2020:
- The market ended on a negative note with Nifty, Sensex closing with minimal drops.
- ITC, Kotak Mahindra, Hero Motocorp, Bajaj Finance, and HUL were among the top gainers.
- Meanwhile, Asian Paints, Hindalco, IOC, Adani Ports, and Shree Cements joined the Nifty losers list.
- ITC gained shares by 5 percent to end at Rs. 202 and became the top Nifty 50 gainer.
- Whereas Asian Paints shares declined by 3 percent ending at Rs. 1,689, becoming Nifty loser.
- Among the sectors, Nifty Fin Service, Pharma, FMCG, Pvt Bank, and Consumption were the only ones to end on the green mark.
- Shares of Bank of India as well as Canara Bank declined after posting Q4 results.
- The rupee ended confident at 75.67 against the US dollar compared to Wednesday’s close of 75.72 per US dollar.
- BSE midcap and smallcap gained 1 percent to end at 13,222 and 12,606, respectively.
- In addition, Nifty Bank closed positive in the volatile trade session with 79 points at 21,506.