The indices closed lower dragged by IT stocks on Wednesday after a positive or flat opening. At closing Sensex was at 38071 down by 421.82 points or 1.10%, Nifty trading lower by 97 points or 0.86% at 11202.
Top Stocks Of The Day:
- Dr Reddy’s laboratory gained over 6 percent with the stock price at Rs 4305.70 post Q1 earnings.
- Maruti Suzuki lost 100 points closing at 6192 after posting a loss of Rs 249 Crore in quarter results.
- IDBI Jumped over 5 percent with the stock price at Rs 40 at market closing.
- Jet Airways dipped by 5 percent with the stock price at Rs 28.95 at closing.
- Sasken Technologies surged 14 percent after the company posted profit over 200% from 9 Crore to 28 Crore.
- IRB gained over 3 percent with the stock price at Rs 126.50.
- Colgate Palmolive gained over 4 percent after strong quarter results and closing at Rs 1448.
- Tata Coffee jumped 12 percent to close at Rs 93.50 in markets today.
- Nestle India shed 2 percent today post results to close at Rs 16669.95.
- HT media up by 3 percent to close at Rs 12.40.