The Indian indices ended on a positive note with minor gains after facing a down in the previous session. At close, Sensex was trading at 34,247, up 290 points or 1 percent. Whereas Nifty managed to end at 10,116 amidst the volatile trade session.
Further, among the sectoral indices, Nifty Auto, FMCG, Metal, Media, Consumption, and PSE ended on a red mark. Whereas Nifty PSU Bank ended higher than any other sector. Around 1503 shares have advanced, 1005 declined, and 155 are unchanged, in today’s session. IndusInd Bank became the top gainer after its shares increased by 10 percent.
Here are major highlights of the trading session ended on June 10, 2020:
- The indices ended positive and regained from the losses that occurred in the previous session with Nifty above 10,100 level.
- The market was led mainly by financials such as HDFC, Kotak Mahindra Bank, and ICICI Bank.
- Moreover, Nifty Bank ended positively by 2 percent at 21,100.
- IndusInd Bank, Hindalco, Shree Cements, Reliance, and Kotok Mahindra were among the top gainers.
- Meanwhile, Hero Motocorp, GAIL, Bajaj Auto, Coal India, and Tata Steel were in the losers list on the NSE.
- Hero Motocorp shares slumped by 4 percent ending at 2,292 after posting its Q4 results.
- Nifty PSU Bank gained the highest among the sectoral indices by 3.5 percent.
- Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, Bajaj Finance, SBI, and Kotak Bank shares surged towards the closing bell.
- In addition, Rupee ended slightly better in the trading session at 75.59 per dollar against Tuesday’s close at 75.61 per dollar.
- Bharti Airtel shares declined by 0.12 percent, whereas Vodafone Idea shares surged as much as 8 percent in the market session.