The Indian stock market on Monday closed on a high note with Nifty at 10,167. At close, Sensex stood at 34,370, up 83 points or 0.2 percent. Whereas Nifty ended positive by 0.2 percent. The trading session was mainly led by financials and IT stocks.
GAIL became the top Nifty gainer in the session followed by IndusInd Bank, BPCL, Axis Bank, and Bajaj Finance. Around 1779 shares have advanced, 844 shares declined, and 154 shares remain unchanged.
Here are the key highpoints from the session as of June 8, 2020:
- Nifty and Sensex dropped from highs, but managed to close with slight amount of gains.
- The Nifty losers comprised Zee Entertainment, Shree Cements, Eicher Motors, M&M, Bharti Infratel, and Cipla.
- GAIL, IndusInd Bank, BPCL, Axis Bank, and Bajaj Finance were the top Nifty 50 gainers.
- GAIL stocks ended 7 percent high at 104.75 per share value.
- Among the Sectoral indices, Nifty Auto, PSU Bank, Pharma, FMCG, Metal, and media ended on the red side.
- Similarly, Nifty Bank dropped from highs, but ended positive at 21,187.3.
- In addition, Reliance faced a low in the trading session ending at 1569.5, short by 0.7 percent.
- Shares of PVR tumbled by 6.5 percent at 1,161.15. Whereas shares of Vodafone Idea moved higher and doubled in a week.
- After posting a weak quarter four results, Abbott India shares declined by almost 3 percent.
- The aviation stocks were in a different direction with SpiceJet ending high by 10 percent. Whereas IndiGo shares slid by 6 percent.