The Indian stock markets ended up stronger for the second day in a row on 2nd july with Sensex at 35,843 level gaining 429 points or 1.21 percent at close; Nifty standing higher at 10,551 level with a increase in 121 points or 1.17 percent during the trading session.
Auto and Rail stocks led market to a higher closing on July 2nd after the Benchmark indices opened green for the third consecutive day on Thursday morning.
All Sectoral indices ending up strong or in green except Nifty bank as the Bank stocks slipped a little in the trading session.
Key Highlights as of 2nd July:
- For the second consecutive day the benchmark indices surged higher at market close; Nifty above 10,550 level with Sensex gaining nearly 430 points at closing bell.
- Auto stocks were the stocks in action during the trading session on July 2 after posting their sales of month of June.
- Mahindra & Mahindra share price jumped over 6 percent at 531; Hero Motocorp at 2671.40 gaining 4.87% percent or 123 points.
- Nifty Bank slips into red closing at 21,935 level after opening green earlier in the morning.
- Axis Bank dips by nearly 2.30% with the share price at 432.20 after the bank was planning to raise 15,000 crore.
- ONGC closing at 82.25 after gaining 2 percent; The company was trading on the losers side for the last couple of sessions.
- Rail stocks were in focus on July 2nd after the Rail Ministry invited proposals from private entities to run passenger trains; IRCTC stock over 3 percent in the trading session.
- GVK Power & Infrastructure was in focus today morning as CBI booked Chairman of the group for irregularities; The stock went down over 4 percent in July 2nd.
- HUL, Axis Bank, Kotak Mahindra & Britannina amongst the market losers on the closing bell.
- Nearly 1,683 stocks advanced, 1,039 shares declined, whereas 125 remain unchanged.4