The Indian stock markets ended up higher on Wednesday afternoon with Sensex at 35,314 level gaining 500 points or 1.44 percent with Nifty standing higher at 10,430 level with a increase in 128 points or 1.24 percent during the trading session.
Banking and Financial sectors led the market surge to a higher level after a positive bias opening on Wednesday morning.
Nifty Bank slipped red earlier in the morning after a green opening of the Indian indices and later jumping above 600 points to 21,978 level.
Key Highlights as of 1st July:
- Regaining the losses of previous couple of sessions- Nifty above 10,400 level at closing bell , Sensex jumps by 500 points.
- Banking sectors led the market to a positive trading session – Nifty Bank above 600 points.
- Axis Bank among the top gainers – Share price closing at 433.25 gaining 26 points or 6.5%; HDFC at 1,835.15 at market closing.
- Closing Bell – Nearly 1486 stocks advanced and 1251 stocks declined whereas 120 remain unchanged.
- Bharti Airtel rises after the US based company look forward to buy 25% stake in its data centre business.
- ONGC and Vodafone Idea fall 4% & 5% respectively after the quarter 4 results for the year.
- Auto stocks gained in the earlier trading session on Wednesday morning – Escorts share price hit the 52-week high mark.
- Pharma stock dips on 1st July; Cipla and Sun Pharma among the top losers with Cipla falling by 13 points and Sun Pharma above 1 percent.
- Bajaj Finserv and Bharat Forge were the stocks in action today gaining the most in the last 10 days.
- Nifty Small and Midcap above 0.5% each at cloing bell.