The Indian benchmark indices elevated at opening after a vanquishing or flat trading session on Tuesday. The markets today are upheld by positive global cues and trends on SGX Nifty which indicated a green opening for the Indian markets.
At 9:16 IST, Sensex was trading at 38,452, up by 83 points, or 0.22%. Nifty 50 up by 34 points, or 0.31%, at 11343. Nifty Bank higher by 141 points, or 0.64%, at 22405 at opening.
The markets yesterday were trading frail with red figures throughout the day. Sensex closed 37 points, or 0.1 percent, lower at 38,369.63 on August 12 and the Nifty ended at 11,308.40, with a loss of 14 points, or 0.12 percent.
Shares of Ashok leyland to be in focus today post Q1 earnings and Pharma stocks to be in focus as couple of pharmaceutical companies received US nod. Aurobindo Pharm in major focus among all other pharma stocks
Highlights as of Market Opening:
- Indices open positive recovering from yesterday’s red figures led by positive global cues and trends on SGX Nifty.
- Bagging the top gainer of Nifty in the opening trade is Hindalco up by nearly 5%.
- The top loser of Nifty at opening was Bharti Airtel down by 2.67%.
- Britannia, Aurobindo Pharm, Tata Power are the other major stocks to be in focus.
- At opening, Shares advanced in market and 123 declined.
- Aurobindo Pharm share price at opening was down by 2% or 19 points to Rs 914.75.
- Ashok Leyland share price at opening was down 1.20% or 0.65 points at Rs 53.30
Eicher Motors, Bharat Petroleum Corporation, Hero MotoCorp, Tata Steel, GAIL India, Aditya Birla Fashion, APL Apollo Tubes, Balkrishna Industries, Bharat Bijlee, City Union Bank, DB Corp, Endurance Technologies, Engineers India, Godrej Industries, Grasim Industries, Greaves Cotton, Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers, Kirloskar Industries, PFC, Prestige Estates Projects, Sandhar Technologies, Shankara Building Products, Shoppers Stop, Shriram Transport Finance, Trent, TTK Healthcare.
Stocks under F&O ban on Thursday:
Aurobindo Pharma, Bata India, Canara Bank, Century Textiles, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, Indiabulls Housing Finance, Vodafone Idea, Muthoot Finance, Steel Authority of India and Vedanta are under the F&O ban for August 13.