On Monday, the benchmark indices closed on a negative note with Nifty trading at around 10,300 level during the closing bell. At close, Sensex was at 34,961, hitting a low by 209.7 points. Whereas Nifty was down by 70.6 points or 0.6 percent ending at 10,312.
In the trading session, Coal India became the top loser and HDFC Bank attained the title of the top gainer. Around 1135 shares have advanced, 1597 shares declined, and 136 shares remain unchanged in the session.
Take a look at the key highpoints of the market session as of June 29, 2020:
- Sensex and Nifty ended negative over fears of an increase in restrictions owing to the rise in COVID-19 cases.
- HDFC Bank, Britannia, Cipla, HUL, and M&M became the top gainers on the Nifty 50 list.
- Meanwhile, Coal India, Axis Bank, Hindalco, Tech Mahindra, and SBI joined the losers list.
- Nifty Bank ended negatively at 21,359, faced a 1 percent decline.
- HDFC Bank shares closed at 1,076 gaining 2 percent in the session.
- Coal India faced a decline of 5 percent to end at Rs. 135 in the trading session.
- In addition, Reliance shares also ended negative by 1 percent at 1,723.
- Among the sectoral indices, except Nifty FMCG and Consumption, all have ended on a negative note.
- Nifty Realty declined by 3.5 percent in the session closing at 203.7.
- As reported by Money Control, the rupee ended at 75.58 per dollar compared to Friday’s close of 75.63 per US dollar