The Indian indices on Monday ended on the green side with Nifty above 10,300 level. At close, Sensex was trading higher by 179 points at 34,911. Whereas Nifty managed to end at 10,311. The trading session saw Bajaj Auto gain the title of the top gainer on the NSE.
Around 1848 shares have advanced, 853 shares declined, and 159 shares remain unchanged in the session. The gains in the session were led by financial stocks. Among the sectors, except Nifty IT, all ended positively.
Take a look at the high points of the session ended on June 22, 2020:
- The market opened and ended high with Nifty ended above 10,300 against Friday’s close of 10,244.
- Nifty Bank gained as much as 2 percent ending at 21,708.
- Bajaj Auto, Bajaj Finance, Bajaj Finserv, Coal India, and Vedanta were among the Nifty gainers.
- Meanwhile, Wipro, GAIL, ONGC, HDFC, and TCS joined the losers list in the session.
- The rupee ended higher by 16 paise at 76.03 per US dollar against the Friday close at 76.19 per dollar.
- Bajaj Auto shares surged as much as 7 percent to end at 2,855.75.
- Further, Wipro shares declined by 2 percent at 218 on the NSE, becoming the Nifty loser.
- As reported by CNBC TV18, Cipla’s Launch Of COVID-19 Drug assisted in its shares to increase by 3 percent.
- Financials such as Kotak, ICICI, Axis Bank, and Bajaj Finance led the market in the trading session.
- ICICI shares ended on the green market with gaining over 1 percent at 367.85.