The Indian Indices ended on a positive note for the third consecutive day on Friday. At close, Sensex ended on the green side at 32,424, up 0.69 percent. Whereas Nifty surged and closed at 9,580.
The trading session began at a low but slowly recovered. Among Sectoral Indices, all closed positive except Nifty IT and Nifty Media. The gains were carried by Pharma and realty stocks. Indian Oil Corporation becomes the top gainer in Friday’s trading session.
Take a look at the key Highlights of Market session dated May 29,2020:
- Benchmark Indices end higher for the third day in a row with Nifty above the level 9300.
- Sensex gained 223 points or 0.69 percent at 32,424. Moreover, it gained 600 points from lows to close high at the end of the market session.
- Nifty surged 90 points to end at 9,580, up 0.95 percent.
- IOC, Wipro, Coal India, ONGC, and BPCL were the top gainers in the NSE.
- The top losers included Adani Ports, Infosys, Bharti Airtel, TCS, and Axis Bank.
- Wipro stocks increase by 7 percent at 212 after the company appoints new CEO.
- Sun Pharma gains 3 percent after its Q4 results as well as on getting DCGI’s approval for COVID-related drug
- Reliance stocks drop by 0.53 percent at 1,464.
- Nifty IT and Nifty Media stocks decline by 0.13 and 0.5 percent, respectively.
- Around 1390 shares have advanced, 924 shares declined, and 159 shares are unchanged