The Indian indices opened and ended positively on Friday with Nifty ending above 10,000 level. At close, Sensex was trading at 34,731, up by 1.5 percent. Whereas Nifty also gained 1.5 percent in the trading session ending at 10,244.
The gains on Nifty 50 were led by Bajaj Twins, Tata Motors, and Reliance, among others. Moreover, Bajaj Finserv became the top gainer. Among the sectoral indices, except for Nifty IT and Metal, all closed on the green mark.
Here are the key highpoints of the session ended as of June 19, 2020:
1. The market session ended over 3-month high with Nifty and Sensex rallying over 1 percent each.
2. Bajaj Twins, Tata Motors, Reliance, and Bharti Infratel became the top 5 Nifty gainers.
3. Meanwhile, IndusInd Bank, Vedanta, HCL Tech, ITC, and M&M joined the losers list.
4. Bajaj Finserv earned the title of top gainer ending at 5,899, up by 9 percent.
5. Nifty Bank gained almost 2 percent ending at 21,338.
6. Reliance Industries hit a record high with market cap reaching Rs 11 lakh crore. Moreover, it announced to be net debt-free way earlier than its March 2021 target.
7. IndusInd Bank became the top loser declined by 3 percent in the session.
8. Indian rupee closed lower at 76.18 per dollar against the previous close of 76.14 per dollar.
9. Around 1759 shares have advanced, 841 shares declined, and 145 shares remain unchanged.
10. Tata Motors shares surged by 6 percent in spite of Moody’s downgrading to B1.
Here are the week’s highpoints of the stock market:
1. The market regained the beatings of last week. Moreover, Sensex and Nifty rallied by 3 percent this week.
2. Among the sectoral indices, Nifty Media, Energy, and PSU Bank were among the top indices in the current week.
3. Bajaj Finserv, RIL, Bajaj Finance, Wipro, and UPL were top Nifty 50 gainers in the week.
4. IndusInd Bank, ITC, NTPC, and Bajaj Auto reported losses this week.