On Monday, the market ended on a negative note after recovering from day’s low with Nifty trading at 9,814 level. At close, Sensex was trading lower by 552 points or 2 percent at 32,228. Whereas Nifty dropped by 2 percent or 159 points in the first trading session this week.
Among the sectoral indices, all ended negative except Nifty PSU Bank, Pharma, and Media. Around 1308 shares have advanced, 1223 shares declined, and 170 shares remain unchanged in the end of the session. Further, GAIL became the top Nifty 50 gainer. The rupee ended with losses in the trading session along with the indices. According to CNBC TV18, this was the lowest close for rupee since April 28,2020.
Here are some of the key highpoints of the market session as of June 15, 2020:
- The Indian indices declined for the third session and ends lower with Nifty around 9,800 level.
- GAIL, Wipro, Reliance, HCL Tech, and Sun Pharma join the top gainers list on the NSE.
- Meanwhile, IndusInd Bank, Tata Motors, Axis Bank, Bajaj Finance, and NTPC were the top Nifty losers.
- Reliance Industries gained 2 percent to end at 1,614.5 after hitting two deals for Jio platforms.
- Nifty Bank closed on the red side with 741 points or 3.5 percent at 19,912.
- Nifty PSU Bank gained 19 points or 1.4 percent in the trading session. Whereas Nifty Pvt Bank declined as much as 4 percent.
- Similarly, BSE midcap and smallcap ended lower at 22,669 and 11,844.8, respectively.
- On the other hand, IndusInd Bank broke its 6-day streak faced a 7 percent drop.
- SBI, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank were the bank stocks which also ended on a negative note.
- Tata Motors shares plunged down by 5 percent ahead of its Q4 results.
- The rupee concluded at 76.03 per US dollar against Friday’s close at 75.84.