India’s oldest cryptocurrency trading platform Unocoin has permitted its users to use bitcoins to buy Domino’s Pizza, Baskin Robin ice creams, Cafe Coffee Day’s coffee, and other utilities from over 90 different brands by using bitcoins.
“Unocoin’s registered user can access bitcoins starting from INR 100 to INR 5,000 to avail of these vouchers from these brands,” the Bengaluru-based startup added.
“Bitcoin as a barter asset is being accepted and traded by millions of users worldwide through this initiative we would like to educate the Indian audience about the multi-dimensional use of the cryptocurrency,” Sathvik Vishwanath, Co-Founder & CEO Unocoin said in a statement.
“While there are tens of thousands of physical outlets and e-commerce portals accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment in the countries like the US, our country doesn’t have such acceptability yet. Our offering answers the popular question of where someone can spend bitcoin in India,” he added.
The trading platform is contiguously offering its users an enhanced option of brands across divisions like travel, restaurants, lifestyle companies, clothes, accessories, hotels, and many more to utilize their Bitcoins as an alternative cash commodity.
Following are the steps to purchase vouchers using Bitcoin:
- Login to your Unocoin account and jump to the BTC page.
- Click on the ‘Shop’ option on the displayed page. In the Unocoin app, search for the Shop button in the More section.
- Select your choice from over 90 plus brands like Dominos, CCD, Baskin & Robbins, Himalaya, Prestige showed.
- After choosing the desired brand, a dropdown menu will appear from multiple INR denominations to buy vouchers.
- The corresponding value of BTC will now be on display.
- Once you pay the amount, the voucher code will be delivered to the user.