Shopping malls and online shopping have made its space in our lives but nothing can compete with the satisfaction derived by haggling over the prices with shopkeepers. Nothing can take over space ‘Flea markets’ have in our hearts. From clothes and accessories to spices and everyday use products, these markets cater to our needs at amazing prices. Here is a list of top 10 flea markets of the country:
Colaba Causeway, Mumbai
It is one of the most crowded places in Mumbai. It gives you the opportunity to shop till you drop for books, handicrafts, jewellery, clothes, etc. One spot for all your needs.
Sarojini Nagar, New Delhi
Don’t you wish you could just buy all the clothes you like but the thought of ‘bill’s amount’ holds you back? Sarojini Nagar is the place where your wish comes true. It is the place where pocket-friendly fashion is easily available.
Laad Bazaar, Hyderabad
Located near Charminar, this market served you with pears, bangles, clothes, jewellery and semi-precious stones on the platter at affordable rates.
Anjuna Market, Goa
Hippy clothes, funky jewellery, beautiful handicrafts or memorable souvenirs find all of this along with the culture of Goa at this amazing flea market.
Ravivari Bazaar, Ahmedabad
This market offers you everything under a single roof, to grab this opportunity solely depends on your bargaining skills and stamina
Parrys Corner, Chennai
This is the place where your shopping instincts come to life. This market offers literally everything ranging from clothes and accessories to home furnishings at amazing rates.
Johari Bazaar, Jaipur
This market is famous worldwide for its gold and silver jewellery as well as inexpensive costume jewellery, traditional Jaipuri sarees, dupattas and jootis without which your wardrobe is incomplete.
Hazratganj Market, Lucknow
This market has small stalls and big shops alike selling the culture at reasonable prices. Your trip to Lucknow is incomplete without purchasing the famous Chicken Kari handloom.
Serenity Beach Bazaar, Pondicherry
Serenity beach bazaar is a famous street market of Serenity beach in Pondicherry. The market is an open-air market beneath the palm shades. Serenity Bazaar is famous for its local boutiques and products from Auroville. You can shop for various handicrafts, souvenirs, clothes, jewellery, accessories, and enjoy delicious seafood with lip-smacking drinks.
Commercial Street, Bengaluru
This place has redefined the concept of street shopping in India. Best and affordable fashion without the haphazardness of streets is what this market offers.
Tips for effective shopping
Despite knowing where to go for cost-effective shopping you need to know how to shop effectively. Here are a few tips to shop till you drop like a pro:
- Wear comfortable shoes in which you can walk miles without any pain.
- Do not wear extremely stylish or expensive clothes because you are trying to save money. So you need to convince this to the shopkeeper as well that you can not just throw around money.
- Always carry a bigger bag to keep all your stuff otherwise either you will make an unnecessary purchase of bag or you won’t shop as much as you want.
- Make a list before going to the market. There is a possibility that you might skip something important while looking for something of less priority.
- Learn to say no. Never showcase how much you want it. It helps in getting the item at the price you want.
- Check quality before purchasing anything and if you have travelled a long way for the market then it is suggested to try what you have bought in the washrooms of nearby complexes. In this way, you can try your items and exchange or even get a refund of what doesn’t suit your needs.
- Make quick decisions. Make a decision on an item the first time you see it. If you procrastinate, you could miss out on other opportunities elsewhere in the market.
- Shop with friends, colleagues or family to multiply your efforts.
- Always try to pay in cash. Avoid using cards.
- Take water with you to stay hydrated. Eat before you start shopping to be focused on one thing and take something to eat back with you because you don’t want to quick after a tiring day.