Pimples, a worst nightmare are those tiny pus-filled boils on your face that can cause skin scarring and skin damage. These tiny boils cause discomfort or urge you to pop them. Well, if you ever think of doing that, then be sure it would leave permanent scars on your face. The worst part about pimples is that you can expect them at a time when you’ve least expected it. How to get rid of pimples naturally and what causes pimples are some questions this blog will shed some light on.
What Causes Pimples?
When your skin pores (tiny holes) get clogged with excess oil, bacteria, and dead skin cells, tiny pus-filled boils called pimples to appear. This can be caused due to stress, oily foods, or hormonal changes. The best way to prevent the risks of getting pimples is by washing your face with lukewarm water at least twice a day. Certain foods like whey protein powder, sugary soda drinks, fast food including chocolate can cause pimples among certain individuals.
Home Remedies to get rid of pimples
1. Honey and Cinnamon Mask
Honey and cinnamon together make it a strong blend to fight bacteria and inflammation which are the two main causes of pimples and acne. This is because of its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
•Add 2 tablespoons of honey to 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder.
• Mix well until it forms a paste-like substance.
• Wash your face with lukewarm water and wipe until it’s dry.
• Apply the paste onto your face and leave it for 15 minutes.
• Rinse your face with lukewarm water and dry it.
2. Green Tea
Green tea has a rich source of antioxidants and you can either sip a cup of it or directly apply it on your face to get rid of pimples. It also reduces your risks of acne and this is because of a substance called polyphenols that fight bacteria and inflammation.
•Steep a green tea bag in boiling water for 5 minutes
• Let it cool
• Dip cotton into it and gently apply it to the skin. (Pour some in a bottle and spray on the face).
• Let it dry for 10 minutes.
• Rinse with warm water.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera’s leaves produce a gel-like substance that is often added to creams and lotions. It treats rashes, burns, and cures pimples. This is because of its anti-inflammatory properties that fight bacteria and skin infection.
•Scrape the gel out of the plant using a spoon
• Apply the gel directly on the skin
• Repeat this 2 times a day
Note:- You can also buy Pure Aloe Vera gel from any store nearby, but make sure it is 100% pure without any added ingredients.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains citric acid that is known to kill acne infections and bacteria. It reduces skin inflammation and prevents scarring.
•Add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to the water.
• Wash your face and dry it.
• Add the mixture to your skin and let it dry.
• Wait for 20 minutes until it dries
• Rinse your face with lukewarm water. Note:- Make sure you add more water and then apply it to your skin. If the mixture is strong you could face skin irritation and burns.
Lemon contains citric acid that acts as a powerful disinfectant on your skin.
Directions:- Squeeze half lemon juice in some water. Use a cotton dip and gently apply to the pimple. Rinse face with water and repeat twice every day until you see improvements.
Yes, applying ice over your pimple not only reduces its size but also reduces redness on the skin and gives a cooling effect. This home remedy has been said to be the most easiest one as there is no much work to do just apply the ice on your infected area. Applying ice also makes your pimple less noticeable and gives a glowing skin.
SOME MORE KNOWN FACTS TO GET RID OF PIMPLES
- Do not touch your face often
- Wash your face properly at least twice daily
- Limit using cosmetics or makeup
- Limit exposing your skin to the sun
- Moisturise skin with aloe vera gel
- Wash your makeup brushes and blenders often
- Limit consumption of dairy products
- Try reducing stress
- Sleep and rest well
- Excerise to reduce pimples (walking, jogging, swimming, yoga, meditation, skipping)
- Take deep breaths when you’re stressed
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.