Nearly 8,000 new cases in the last 24 hours, total number of cases cross 1.73 lakh in India
India hits a new high as the number of Coronavirus cases hit a new high for the second day in a row. In the last 24 hours, the states registered about 8,000 new cases. The total number of coronavirus cases have reached 173,763.
Maharashtra continued to record the highest number of new cases in a single day. Other states like Tamil Nadu, Delhi, Gujarat, Uttarakhand also witnessed a spike in the number of new cases.
- India has also recorded its biggest spike in death toll due to Coronavirus.
- In the last 24 hours, about 265 new deaths were recorded.
- The total number of deaths in India has reached 4,971.
- Maharashtra alone has reported 50% of the Coronavirus deaths.
The total number of active Coronavirus cases stood at 86,422. On Friday, over 10,000 people have recovered from the Coronavirus infection. Over 42% of the total positive cases have recovered.
- The Coronavirus count in Maharashtra has increased to 62,228.
- In the last 24 hours, 2,682 new cases were reported.
- Mumbai alone has 50% of Maharashtra’s cases.
- Maharashtra government is likely to extend the lockdown citing the rapid increase in cases.
- On a brighter side, 8,000 people were cured in the state on Friday.
After Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu was the second state to report over 20,000 positive cases. Over 800 new cases were reported, taking the total number of cases to 20,246.
The total number of cases in Delhi stood at 17,386. For the second straight day, Delhi reported over 1,000 new cases.