India has prepared itself for the second phase of the COVID-19 vaccination from 1st March. After frontline workers, this phase opens up to people above the age of 60 and individuals above 45 with co-morbidities.
The Union Health Ministry has announced that beneficiaries have to get themselves registered through the Co-WIN 2.0 portal.
Features of Co-WIN 2.0 –
- The new version of the Co-WIN app includes an advance feature of a GPS-enabled setting.
- Walk-in provision to register yourself for the vaccination. With this, people would be enabled to register themselves on the site.
- People can make four appointments on the mobile phone.
- No option for choosing the vaccine but the beneficiary can decide the date and center.
Steps to follow for registration on the Co-WIN 2.0 portal –
- Visit the official website of Co-WIN at cowin.gov.in.
- Enter your 10-digit mobile number or Aadhar number to register.
- Upon entering the number, an OTP will be sent which has to be submitted it.
- After registration, vaccination date and time can be scheduled.
- Following these steps, a Reference ID will be sent through which you can get your vaccination certificate.
Documents required for Co-WIN 2.0 registration –
- For those above 45 with co-morbidities, they have to upload a medical certificate citing their co-morbid condition.
- For those above 60, they have to carry their Aadhaar card or voter ID or a photo ID card for the vaccination process.
Price for vaccination –
- Free of cost at government centers.
- At private healthcare centers, people will have to pay a “pre-fixed charge.”
The vaccination drive will be organized across 10,000 government centers and at more than 20,000 private centers from 1st March.